PDA

View Full Version : Read/Write Speeds v2.200

TomboxUS
March 9th, 2001, 12:39 PM
I just installed Microstudio v2.20 and after several attempts, have my computer properly configured so it runs great. I have heard that slower is better, so I burned the first two discs at 1x speed. This obviously took a lot of time, so today I got brave and tried one at 8X. It worked fine. I am wondering if anyone has had experience yet burning discs with this latest version at speeds faster than 8x. I know I could use trial and error, but it would save time and discs if someone already knows. I am using the MTU supplied Plextor drive and Mitsui media. Thanks!

admin
March 9th, 2001, 01:07 PM
The recommendation of 1x is not for the drive, but for the Karaoke Player you will use the written CDR disc in. :w

Some Karaoke Players won't play a CDR disc written at faster than 1x. The notorious one is Sony, and those that also play DVD discs are also likely candidates for requiring 1x.

Depending on your computer processor and hard drive speeds, and if you have DMA operation enabled for the CD-Recorder (Plextor Drives especially), you should be able to write with the Plextor 12x at... 12x, or the 16x at 16x.

Therefore, the decision of what speed to write at is more dictated by the Karaoke Player(s) you will use the discs on. Make a few at higher speeds and try them out on the Player. Be sure you make notes what speed each was written at so you know. Then you have some real-world data to decide with. :g