PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio and Windows 2000

Totally Confused
March 3rd, 2001, 03:41 PM
Hi,
I have recently purchased Karaoke Home Producer and Microstudio. The former application works no problem on my machine but I can't get Microstudio to load at all. It appears as a process in my Task Manager and uses 100% CPU usage but the program refuses to appear! :?

I have followed all of the instructions given to me (apart from those that are not possible on Win 2000) and have searched through these forums for an answer but with no success.

I don't have the ASPI version (4.60) installed on my machine because when I go to the Adaptec site it tells me that I should NOT install this on Windows 2000.

Can somebody please help me as I have run out of ideas to get this program working.

Thanks

Totally :?

My System
Microsoft Windows 2000 O/S
LG 48x CDRom
PlexWriter 12/10/32A
20.1gb Seagate Harddrive
224mb RAM
366 Intel Celeron Processor
SoundBlaster Live Value soundcard
Riva NVidia TNT2 M64 video card

MTUSUPPORT
March 6th, 2001, 11:22 AM
My home system is running Windows 2000 professional. I updated the ASPI to Version 4.60 from Adaptec's site.

My system now runs Microstudio without any problems. I would say for you to try it, or theres little chance it will work without it.

Totally Confused
March 6th, 2001, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried to install the aspi32.exe from the Adaptec site but with little success. It tells me that 'This upgrade requires that either an Adaptec host adapter or an Adaptec version of the APSI layer to be installed onto your machine' !!!

I am currently (as I write) installing Windows 98 SE onto my other machine so hopefully I will be able to run it from there, which is fine if it works, although I would prefer to get it to work on this machine!

Thanks anyway

admin
March 6th, 2001, 11:07 PM
Read this post http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=319 to upgrade your ASPI driver.

Totally Confused
March 7th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Well, I had tried what the post suggested alredy but without any luck!

Anyway, I now have Windows 98 installed on my other PC and microstudio runs perfectly (using a Sony CRX-100E burner), so I'm all happy again now :)

Thanks for your help

Soundman202
November 14th, 2001, 08:44 PM
This is posted on www.goldenhawk.com - You should be able to d/l the aspi drivers there.

The system will not work without ASPI installed.

MTUSUPPORT
November 15th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Soundman,
You are correct, but an easier way to do the ASPI drivers is explained in the Microstudio Tech Support Forum. You can read and download the files from: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493