PDA

View Full Version : Version upgrades

rosiehm
December 11th, 2002, 12:59 AM
We have Microstudio V2.134, Khp V2.009, what have the upgrades, 2.315 and 3.100 changed? How does one know when they come out and how does one get them?

Thanks

jim in ohio
December 11th, 2002, 07:31 AM
The new upgrades are usually anounced at MTU.com, sometimes there is a thread posted here telling when they are released because of so many people asking when they would be released. As for what has changed in each upgrade, that changes with each upgrade, the newest and greatest is to be released Next week if all goes well 2.317, it will support the faster 48X plex that is on the market, and from the threads I have read, I think will support disc at once backups using two burners.
But the best place to find out about what is coming out, when, and what the changes are is to go to www.mtu.com and click on NEWS in the right side...

Jim

How does one get an upgrade, go to www.mtu.com go to the program of interest, and click on the upgrade..

admin
December 11th, 2002, 08:53 AM
The lower Released Products section on our News Page (http://www.mtu.com/support/news.htm) is the source of when a version is released. The upper Under Development section shows when we are working on a new development, and its ESTIMATED release date. Please note the estimate is just that. We have been working on a major upgrade to Microstudio for over 3 months now, based on the new player code we wrote for Hoster. As we find a problem in Hoster, we hold off on Microstudio until it is solved. They both share the same display code now.

To find out what the changes are in a new version, click the Karaoke Products (http://www.mtu.com/karaoke-products.htm) link and then the Product link you want to find out about.

For Microstudio, click the Microstudio Software link, then the 2.3 Upgrades (http://www.mtu.com/support/microstudio-version-details.htm) link in the navigation box at the left (or click this link here).

For KHPro upgrdes, click the KHProducer Software link then the KHProducer Upgrades (http://www.mtu.com/support/karaoke-home-producer-version-details.htm).

You will find a list of all changes from the prior version. We try to make this accurate, but some features may be left out as our competitors also scan our site for what we are doing (we are the world leader in Karaoke software and they know it). :c

To obtain a new release - With rare exception where we had extreme development expeses we need to recoup, we make upgrades free. Once our News page shows we have a new release, all you need to do is click your download link from the MTU.com store sent email when you purchased that product. We upgrade the "delivery program" to be the most recent release. You will need to uninstall the prior version before you can install the new one. If you have followed our instructions you have saved the prior version "installation program". That will allow you to reinstall a prior version if the new release gives you problems. :c

rosiehm
December 12th, 2002, 12:26 AM
Okay, so now that I've checked out some of the changes to MSV.213 and KhpV2.009... Looks like I am quite behind the times... The question is, should I upgrade or not? About the only thing there has been time to do, and we have had this for almost a year is burn cdg's.. and change the key a couple of times.

Any suggestions?

Rosie

jim in ohio
December 12th, 2002, 09:15 AM
You need to look at the changes in the version you are using, and what you would gain by upgrading. I am still using 2.312 Microstudio myself, it supports my burner, I'm happy with my backups and custom discs, yes the newer versions go faster, but my burner won't, so there is no reason for me to upgrade at this time. If my burner dies, then I will need to upgrade.

You need to look at what you will gain, and will it make a difference in your ability, or quality of backups. I am guessing that you like me, have our sets all backed up, and now only use the programs when adding new discs to our sets.

As for the KHP, I have never used the program, but again just look at will you gain anything? There may be something you wished was in the program that is now in the upgrade.

Jim:w

George
December 12th, 2002, 09:29 AM
The changes in KHP from your current version are substantial, BUT, if you haven't had time to use the the one you have, and contemplate no changes in your schedule, then what would be the purpose of upgrading, other than to be current? However, at such time that you are able to take the time to make your own CDG,s with KHP, then I'd strongly recommend upgrading first.
You wouldn't regret it.

Take care,

George

rosiehm
December 12th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Thanks JimInOhio and George, will most likely upgrade after the holidays, expect to increase the memory on this system and purchase a new, faster and improved one too..

Thanks again
Rosie