PDA

View Full Version : MicroStudio Problem

comicman
November 21st, 2002, 04:47 PM
I have just upgraded to Windows XP & installed a new burner (Lite-On 48126S). Unfortunately, now my MicroStudio Program will not work. Are there any drivers that I can download to enable the burner to work with MicroStudio? Cheers.

MTUSUPPORT
November 21st, 2002, 04:51 PM
Comicman,
I have not found that any of the LiteOn drives will work for CD+G. What burner were you using before this one? If you still have that burner you can put it in this computer and it should still work.

comicman
November 21st, 2002, 06:21 PM
Hola Bryan.......remember me from Spain. I was using a Yamaha 4416S but apparently that will not work with XP & it was very slow. Is there no way that I can get the Lite-On burner to work with MicroStudio, as I do find it a simple program to use? PLEASE tell me "YES". Cheers. Tony

kjzone
November 21st, 2002, 08:24 PM
Microstudio does not support the Lite-on Unit. Go the Yamaha Website and see if there is a FIRMWARE upgrade for your Yamaha Burner.....if they have one, download and install, the Firmware Upgrade may then allow the Yamaha to be used in XP.

IN THE FUTURE........ Read the Specifications for all Software before purchasing Hardware......You can't assume that all Hardware will work with all software and OPERATING SYSTEMS.

or GO BACK TO WINDOWS 98SE OR WINDOWS 2000 AS THESE ARE THE TWO "MOST" STABLE MICROSOFT PRODUCTS.

P.S. You may find that a lot of your Software and Hardware may not work with XP. The manufacturer may or may not have drivers or upgrades for them.

Did you run the XP Compatablity Program to see what hardware and software you may have problems with if you install XP?

MTUSUPPORT
November 22nd, 2002, 03:20 PM
Comicman,
There is no way to make the hardware work with the CD+G format, if it doesn't already support this. This is built into the drive and it must beable to decode the CD+G format, if not then Microstudio can't use it. The Yamaha drive should still work under XP as Kjzone says, check for a firmware update.