PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio no longer plays properly

nashjar
October 27th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Well, Microstudio was playing songs correctly for me, but now when I select a song and click play, it displays properly only long enough to see the title screen, and then returns me to the desktop. The song continues to play, and I can hear the audio, but the video does not show. I do get a very small bar (like a title bar) about 1 1/2 inches wide.

Just a few days ago I was able to play karaoke files properly. This is now occurring on any of my karaoke CDs, and it persists even when I import them to the hard drive and try to play them from the hard drive instead.

I have uninstalled Microstudio, cleaned the registry of any reference, rebooted, and reinstalled, but the problem persists.

I have already seen a similar problem at the thread below, but this is not exactly my problem. Also, mine occurs either from the Plextor PX-W4012A or from the hard drive. These are manufactured karaoke CDs, not homemade ones. And again, they worked a week ago. I have not installed any new software or devices, other than reinstalling MTU's software since this began occurring.

I am running Microstudio 2.315.
http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=330

nashjar
October 27th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Oh, yes. I also ran a succesful defrag last night before posting this. It didn't help.

I am running W2k, SP3.