PDA

View Full Version : Installing software

FMMMMM
October 26th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Having problems installing mtu2315 software. Neither the cd-rom
or the downloaded version will install. The program closes after I enter the serial #. I have entered it every possible way. I have windows xp and want to copy cd+gs on plextor external burner. It is hard to tell if anything else is not working if you cant install
the software. Also, do you really need a serial # that is longer
than the national debt.

admin
October 27th, 2002, 02:22 PM
The usual problem is you are not entering your email address EXACTLY in UPPER/lower case as it appears in your download instruction email.

I am sorry the Serial Number is long, but in today's theft environment, yes we need this.

Make sure you follow our download/install instructions exactly. This is why you can't install your Microstudio.

FMMMMM
October 27th, 2002, 07:19 PM
I new I was going to get a response that I was entering information wrong. That is too simple of a response. I know that
I am not Bill Gates, but I am not stupid. I have entered My email
with the proper UPPER/lower case letters indictated to me by
your email and the instructions sent with the cd-rom and with
the proper spacing. I have been doing this for 2 days. IT DOES
NOT WORK. I was wondering if the cd-rom has a different serial
# or email than what I am supposed to enter. If there is another
way of entering the authorization codes, It is not indicated on the
email or in the instruction sent to me. Thank You

George
October 27th, 2002, 09:54 PM
Please bear with me a second. Enter your email address exactly as shown in your download instructions(usually all lower case), and input a string of characters where the serial number would ordinarily go, any several will do for this purpose. Now position your cursor at the end of the string and sit on your backspace key. You may see more characters scroll by than you would possibly imagine. Clear the box entirely.

When a serial number fails, it may not clear out of the entry box, but not be visible. make certain that there are no unseen characters lingering from the failed attempts. I've had this happen to me. The input does not necessarily clear when an input fails, unless you re-boot the p.c..This causes too many characters to be present, and it will get rejected.

It is very easy to input just one wrong character the first time, and then do it absolutely correct the next 20 attempts and still be in this loop.

Highly recommend copy and paste method inputing the serial number for install.

Wishing you luck

George

Please post back if this cures your problem so's support will know you're up and running.Thanks