PDA

View Full Version : wmacdg for microstudio?

jahern
October 21st, 2002, 11:26 PM
I understand that some of the Hoster Features will be passed along to Microstudio. I know that we might not want to get into a slippery slope in which Hoster and Microstudio start to feel like the same program but....:w ..will Microstudio ever be able to import files as wma.cdg and will we be able to burn cdg using those files?? (Hey, I gotta ramble on about something while I'm waiting for the new Microstudio!):g Keep up the good work.

NOW & THEN
October 23rd, 2002, 01:14 AM
Jahern, you took the words right outta my mouth!! lol Very good questions. I'm also wondering if 2.316 is a free upgrade from 2.315 or has to be purchased? ( that may be a dumb question but i don't see it in the forum or under MTU products page)
THANKS FOR YOUR QUESTIONS JAHERN.
Now & Then Karaoke:?

Ernie
October 23rd, 2002, 12:33 PM
I read in an earlier posting from MTU, that the 2.316 would be a FREE upgrade. I tried to find it in the Forum to let you know where it is at, but I couldn't find it.

Ernie

NOW & THEN
October 23rd, 2002, 06:25 PM
TO: ERNIE, Thanks so much for your response! I will search the forums till my fingers go numb! lol I love my microstudio! I have two units ans one is NOT on computer I hate it!! SPOILED i guess.
Any way Thank you again.
Mike ( NOW & THEN KARAOKE ):) :) :)
PS: ADMIN, if you are looking at this ( I have only had my program fail one time in six months and it was a hard drive crash! Love your products!!!!)

jahern
October 23rd, 2002, 08:56 PM
I'm sure that admin. will eventually chime in. Here's what I found as far that the price of upgrades goes:

(From the poicies page)

Do I get free upgrades to MTU software products?
Yes, with some restrictions. Due to some users illegally giving away our security codes to access our software download directories, we had to create a new delivery method that allows a single download over the Internet.

As of January 16, 2002 we have a new secure download means to provide better service to you, and protection to MTU. You can now get free upgrades within your purchased version number. For example, if you buy Microstudio 2.315, you can have free upgrades to any 2.3 version, which will be for bug repairs and minor feature additions. When we add major new features and change from 2.3 to 2.4, there will be an upgrade charge beyond 30 days. For example, if you purchase a 2.315 version and within 30 days we release 2.400 version, we will give you a free upgrade to the 2.400 version.

NOW & THEN
October 24th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Jahern, again thank you for the quick response. I appreciate the information. Could you give me an address to aquire the upgrade.( pretty helpless huh?) lol Anyway thank you for the help and the email. I'm kinda new to the MTU thing so I don't really know where to go for the info.
Mike ( Now & Then Karaoke ):) :) PS another totally unrelated question: Has anyone had problems with the Fujilink TM588?? This is what my secondary equipment is and I'm not at all happy with it! Thanks

jim in ohio
October 24th, 2002, 08:42 AM
Now & Then,
here's a link that takes you to upgrade info on MTU's site:

http://www.mtu.com/support/microstudio-version-details.htm

Jim

admin
October 24th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Your download links will be upgraded to deliver 2.316 when we release it. Thus, if you have not used up all 8 downloads, it is free. If we have to regenerate your link, it is $15 for our time to do this.

DO NOT click your download link until we tell you it will deliver 2.316!!!

We had to finish Hoster's cdgplayer library code before integrating it back into Microstudio. We also are upgrading it to allow unattended duplication from one CDR to a second CDR, of course both must be able to read the CDG format.

We are HOPING to have this out for beta testing tomorrow, but... our contract programmer on this upgrade has been very flaky recently so I can't promise until we have it. I am getting ready to pull the project from him and give it to our Hoster programmer. :m

However, it is close now as the core cdgplayer library is running and debugged. Its just a matter of integrating into Microstudio. :c

NOW & THEN
October 25th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Thank you JIM in OHIO and admin for your help i will look at the site and await notification before i try to upgrade. Much Obliged!!
Mike ( NOW & THEN ) PS the fujilink is a TH588 not a TM588 <--- unrelated item lol