PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio Audio

markg
July 27th, 2002, 07:49 AM
Okay just got into the demo now and what a great product it is.
Before I purchase it can you tell me is it possible when making your own compilations to normalize the audio.

Some of my CDG disks have different levels of audio which vary from track to track. I'd like to be able to have all tracks at the same level if possible.

Many thanks

Mark G

George
July 27th, 2002, 05:27 PM
That would require some Audio Editing Software. One good, and reasonably priced product that several of are using is called Goldwave

www.goldwave.com

Very compatible product with Microstudio and Karaoke Home Producer.

Hope this helps,

George

markg
July 27th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Thanks George for your reply.
I took the plunge and bought the full product
and then I downloaded NVIDIA's detonator driver for XP
and it works perfect.

Okay I see what you mean about Goldwave.
But surely it won't load a .cdg file in for audio editing???
If it does great but then does it retain the graphics????

I'm going to download a demo of Goldwave and give all this a try.
Thanks for your help.

Mark G

markg
July 27th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Well George

I tried using Goldwave to load my cdg file.
But it wouldn't load or play properly.

What I need is to strip the audio out of a cdg file
normalize it and then combine it back with the graphics.
Does anyone know how to do this???

George???
Anyone???

TIA

Mark G

George
July 27th, 2002, 09:29 PM
Mark,

No, Microstudio won't separate the graphics from the audio.

You could copy just the audio as an audio file to the hard drive with Microstudio. Then use Goldwave to set the audio level paramaters you wish.

You won't be able to combine it back with the original graphics, but you can use the altered audio file to make your own professional looking cdg with MTU's Karaoke Home Producer.

With Karaoke Home Producer, you type the lyrics into Wordpad or Notepad.You set up the graphics any way you wish, acccording to your own tastes; border color, background color,etc. You add title page, credits page, including graphic images of your choice, sweep the lyrics in sync to the music, and produce your own CDG.

If you ran each audio file through Goldwave using the same audio level settings, the finished Karaoke cd will have level volumes, and a whale of a lot better looking cdg disc that a lot of the commercial stuff you pay good money for..

This also takes a cdg capable burner. MTU certifies the burners they sell to work with their software. Not all burners even of the same brand will handle cdg, it's the luck of the draw, so be careful if you buy from another source.

You don't have to use expensive cdg's as a music source. Some of us are downloading free MIDI files, using Edirol Sound Canvas to alter the instrumentation to suite ourselves, vastly improving the sound, converting the file to regular audio, then creating our own cdg's from scratch with Karaoke Home Producer.

You can get a feel for this in the Karaoke Home Producer Forums.

You are experiencing the "user friendly" product that Microstudio is. All the MTU products are designed to be used with ease.

Glad you got things working. Have fun, and welcome to the gang!

Take care,

George

admin
July 29th, 2002, 11:17 AM
markg, we now have compressor/limitor and normalize code in our new Hoster program. Without first comp/limiting before normalizing, you will not obtain the results you want. Comp/limiting requires some audio knowledge and playing with to get it adjusted right.

Microstudio is a really clean program for general users, and many of them don't have a lot of technical savy. It would be wrong to add this complexity. Additionally, the support demands would be prohibitive! :e

However, we have discussed adding it into a program like our Keyrite, which can process a CDG file with graphics/lyrics. :c

We need to get Hoster released so we can breathe again... the nose is just now starting to come above the water line. :g

danny_g
July 29th, 2002, 02:49 PM
While there is a program that will split a Bin fil into a CDG and MP3 file it is not possible to do it with CDG. I tried to change a cdg extention to a bin extention and got a messed up file. It is amazing that the opposite actually works- but it does.