PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio 2315 Demo

markg
July 27th, 2002, 07:01 AM
Can anyone help

I just discovered Microstudio last night and downloaded the demo. It appears to be a great program but when I try to play a CDG disk it comes up with:-

Your video card currently does not support 320 x 240 with 256 color resolution. You may need new drivers or a new card.

Surely this is a bug in the software

My card is a Nvidia TNT2 Ultra with 32MB.
I am running Windows XP Pro with 1GB of RAM and using the PlexWriter 161040A

I was just about to buy the full version but not if this can't be solved.

Many thanks

Mark G

George
July 27th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Mark, I've seen the answer to this somewhere on the forums. Been searching for the thread, but haven't spotted it yet. May not luck out. Just wanted you to know someone was looking. MTU support may not get back until Monday, so hang in there. This is solvable.

George

admin
July 29th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Originally we made a tradeoff to get our Karaoke player up an running fast. To do this, we used almost the same screen size as a Karaoke player. Thus, the 320x240 resolution. Your NVidia won't do this probably.

Solution is at hand! We have been working for a number of months on totally rewriting our player/display code. I just spoke to our programmer who was integrating it into Microstudio 2.316, and it is done. We have to beta test it before releasing it. Thus, it will be a week or two before it is available, unless you want to buy it now and test with us. The new code uses the display default settings for the computer. It no longer requires the 320x240 resolution, so your NVidia will work.

George
July 30th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Support,
Is it safe to assume this new code will cure a problem I've experienced twice in the last couple of months ? Whenever playing a KHP produced CDG in Microstudio, Microstudio has on two occassions changed my P.C. resolution setting to a miserable mess. The play aborted on starting, and everything on the desktop so huge that navigating to reset it all but imposible. Fortunately I was able to see the ATI symbol in the lower right taskbar and as luck would have it, with the ATI 7500 dual display I installed to test Hoster, all one has to do is click on it and set desired resolution.

Hoping the new player codes will eliminate this problem. Kinda frazzling on the nerves.:)

Take care,

George