PDA

View Full Version : Plextor burner ????

tinman
July 14th, 2002, 11:51 AM
I recently got my plextor and all software. With a lot of folks help here I got it running and no snags. (just 1 and will dicuss that later) My question is if I purchase another plextor for my home computer will it work for me or must i buy one from mtu.. It says that they test them all and reject some.. ??????? I need to know this... now the one snag I had was on a well known disk, but song #14 I could not get to save my life. I got 1 thru 13 and went back and grab 15.. but #14 no way.. All other disk same series no problems.. any thoughts on that one..

Again thanks to all out there who help here. I dont write much but do read the forum..

jim in ohio
July 14th, 2002, 01:17 PM
I have had some problems pulling tracks until I stick them in the old player and most of the problem tracks look and play like crap. Some I can get off cleaning the disc, but others are so bad I can't pull them with micro studio, sometimes I can get them with clone cd, because I read them with a DVD, sometimes not.

SteveWalker
July 14th, 2002, 09:11 PM
jim in ohio and tinman,

It's black magic trying to burn CDG's in Ohio so I moved to Florida where it works just fine.

Now on a serious note I always close or disable all the icons down in the bottom right corner so those programs cannot interfere while reading or burning from a CDG. You might also try reducing the data rate to 4x, 2x and finally 1x. Also close all other windows and do not do other things on the PC at the same time. If you do all these things the graphics and sound should not be distorted but I still spot check songs that I'm encoding. I check for distorted graphics at the beginning and end of songs.

Good Luck,
Steve

jim in ohio
July 15th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Actually, I never close any programs down, do shut off the screen saver, and read at max and write at max. I found that if you have a well used disc with some spots in the graphics that you can clean some of these up by reading at max.
I am still in the process of backing all our sets up, and will never play off the orgionals again. I just finished my second set of 390 discs, our disc of choice: Sound Choice
Hey I only got two two more sets to back up.:)

Tinman, FYI my plextor came plextor.com and has not given me any problems. Would I purchase another one from the same source, yes... But I have trouble passing a slot machine without dropping a coin in. :g

SteveWalker
July 15th, 2002, 07:24 PM
jim in ohio,

I'm glad everything is so rosie - after all! Wish you the best up there in Ohio my home state.

Steve