PDA

View Full Version : Test Version

WALLY
June 26th, 2002, 09:41 PM
HI
I JUST DOWNLOADED MTU TO TEST MY CD-ROM DRIVES, AND CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE PRGRAM TO EVEN DEDECT THE DRIVES TO TEST THEM. I HAVE TO DRIVES ONE IS ONLY 1 YEAR OLD CAN ANYONE HELP. I WOULD LOVE TO BUY THIS PROGRAM IF I KNEW IT WOULD WORK.
THANKS SO MUCH
JOHN G

admin
June 26th, 2002, 10:55 PM
Hi Wally,
Sorry you're having problems. Microstudio, because it directly controls the CDR drive, can be a bit of a bear to get working right. Once its running, it stays that way.

1. What Windows version are you running?

2. What manufacturer are your CDR drives?

3. Are the CDRs IDE, SCSI or USB interfaced to the computer?

Let us see these adn we'll see where we can help you. MTUSUPPORT may have more questions later.

WALLY
June 27th, 2002, 09:57 AM
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

1. RUNNING WINDOWS 98
2. I HAVE TWO
A. NEC 24 X 10 X 32 (IDE)
B.I AM NOT SURE IT SAYS 8X-DISC AND REWRITABLE ABOUT 6 YEARS OLD.
3. BOTH ARE INTERFACED WITH COMPUTER

THANKS SO MUCH
JOHN

Brian Corr
June 27th, 2002, 12:12 PM
You will need to answer question 3 again.

Are the CD Roms joined to the computer by

a) IDE

b) SCSI

c) USB

MTUSUPPORT
June 27th, 2002, 04:14 PM
John,
Try downloading and updating the ASPI drivers from:http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493

One other thing to try, click on the Audio button, if the drives show, then its working, but your drives don't support the CD+G format. Or you can click on the Detect Drives button to do the same and it will tell you specifically.

This may help to fix the problem. The only problem is that the NEC drives won't do the CD+G format.

WALLY
June 30th, 2002, 10:33 PM
HI BRYAN

3. IDE
UPDATE I WAS ABLE TO COPY A CD'G WITH A PROGRAM CALL CLONE SO AT LEAST I KNOW MY BURNER CAN DO THE JOB.
THANKS JOHN G

Brian Corr
July 1st, 2002, 05:00 AM
Its possible to copy cdg's using image files. But this still does not mean that your drive can read CDG

MTUSUPPORT
July 1st, 2002, 12:14 PM
Wally,
Clone CD is the only way that you will beable to copy them with that drive. This is because that program uses a format called Raw DAO 96, but only allows you to copy the entire Karaoke disc at once. Ours with the correct drive allows you to make your own compilation discs, using Track by track.

The only way to do this or to beable to use the drive to play from the computer is if the drive atually supports the CD+G format correctly, as the Plextor brand drives do.