PDA

View Full Version : No Sound Card Installed???

MusicBear
June 7th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Hi,

I've had some previous problems with Microstudio, so I reformatted my hard drive, and re-installed Microstudio.

Now, when I start Microstudio, and try to play a CD+G track,
I receive a message about not having a sound card installed.

Trust me, the sound card is in and it's working...

Why won't Microstudio recognize my sound card?

MTUSUPPORT
June 7th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Musicbear,
This is due to you not having updated to DirectX 8.0 or higher yet. This problem is explained at :http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=1197

MusicBear
June 7th, 2002, 01:03 PM
I have a new problem now! :(

I've un-installed Microstudio, and am now trying to re-install the software, but am getting the following message from "InstallShield" 1628: Failed To Complete Installation

Can this be also due to now having DirctX 8.0 not installed?

MusicBear
June 7th, 2002, 04:26 PM
When installing 2315, I get the following error message:

Microstudio Error
Error 1311 Source file not found.
C:\windows\temp\_8sC026\Data1.cab
Verify that the file exsists and that you can access it.

What is going on???

I never had this trouble the first time I installed Microstudio...

This is the most confusing installation I have ever had...

I think there is a problem with the InstallShield

George
June 7th, 2002, 04:55 PM
the last time I got into a similar glitch situation like this I had to re-install windows to clear it up.

MusicBear
June 12th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Something strange about all of this...

I tried installing the DEMO version of Microstudio, and it installed without a hitch...

My registered version however, will not load, and is the varmit creating all the problems...

Support, are you there?

MTUSUPPORT
June 13th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Musicbear,
The only thing that I can think of is for you to delete everything that is in the C:\windows\temp\_8sC026\ folder. If this doesn't work, then try to delete everything out of the C:\windows\temp\ folder.

Something has gotten corrupted on your system, and is not allowing it to install, and its not removing this part either for some reason.

MusicBear
June 13th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Hi Brian,

Well, that did it! It installed perfectly... Wish I had know to do that a week ago! :)

Anyway, still have the problem of the "cracking sound" when playing CD+G's in Microstudio. I've reformated my hard drive,
downloaded DirectX 8.1 and have now re-installed Microstudio
still having the cracking/clipping/distortion sound. All my other
sound apps work fine, no problmes, Microstudio is the only one
that sounds terrible.

MTUSUPPORT
June 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Musicbear,
The sound could be due to another CD-Rom or CD-Recorder device attached to the same IDE cable that is giving noise on the IDE bus.

Check and make sure that this is the only drive attached to this IDE cable, if not then try diconnecting the other drive long enough to do a test and see what happens. If the noise goes away, you know thats what it is. If this is the case, then I would move that drive to another IDE channel.