PDA

View Full Version : will not detect drives

kenn1245
June 7th, 2002, 07:36 AM
I'm running 2.314 on xp, it will not detect my drives???

MTUSUPPORT
June 7th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Ken,
When you click the detect drives button what does it show? If it shows any drives under there, what are the Model numbers? If they are something other than the drives from MTU, then they may not support CD+G.

The next thing that you should try is to update your ASPI drivers you can do this from: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=493 This should allow the drives to show up, if they are not showing at all under the Detect Drives button.

RickSRQ
June 15th, 2002, 09:34 AM
I am having the same problem, heres the full story.

I am running Microstudio 2.3.0.3, with Windows 2000 Professional. I have a Plextor PX-W1210TA that I bought from MTU. I had burned over 1000 CG+Gs with this setup, when one day I go to burn one and Microstudio wouldn't see the drive. I thought maybe I had a controller going bad, so I switched it to the secondary IDE controller on my mobo. Still, no dice. Next I tried to connect it to the ATA66 card I have that controls my HDs, no dice. Next, I format my C: drive and reinstall Windows and Microstudio, no dice. Next I buy a new mobo-cpu combo and try again, maybe both controllers are bad, still no dice. So finally I buy a new Plextor, and low and behold Microstudio still doesn't see my CD-R. I am left with 2 Plextors, 2 mobo-cpu combos, and a big headache. I am a pc repair tech and I feel stupid.

Help!!!

Oh, and I have the new ASPI drivers. I also run Nero, and it sees the Plextor and it burns CDs.

RickSRQ
June 17th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Okay I have got Microstudio to work in Win2000 again. You may not believe it but it was the NEW aspi drivers keeping my drive from being recognized. Nero worked because the WNASPI32.DLL version it uses is ver 2.0.1.28. So I copied the nero version of the dll and replaced the WNASPI32.DLL in \WINNT\system32. I can copy discs but I cannot play any with these drivers. Maybe I need some version between 2.0.1.28 and the new 4.6.x for the play function to work.

The new ASPI drivers do NOT work with Microstudio v2.3.0.3 and Win2000.

While i was trying to get everything to work again, I set up my machine to dual boot to win98/win2000, to see if I could get it to work. I installed Microstudio in win98 and it saw the drive. I then installed the new aspi drivers in Win98 and the drive was gone. That's how I discovered the problem.

So the bottom line is I have microstudio v 2.3.0.3 installed in W2K and can copy discs, but cannot play them. Maybe if I had the new Microstudio and the new drivers everything would work fine.

It's too bad MTU doesn't offer a free upgrade for people like me. :w

MTUSUPPORT
June 19th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Rick,
The version that you have should work fine with the ASPI 4.6 version. Try going back to the Version 4.6 of the Adaptec wnaspi32.dll, the only time you will need the nero driver is when you have a USB or Firewire drive in an XP or 2000 system, but if your using an IDE drive the Adaptec should be more than sufficient.

Please let me know what happens when you do this?

The problem with Play could have something to deal with the Version of DirectX installed on the system. This needs to be at least 8.0, you will also need to update the drivers to the video card to support DirectX 8.0 also.

Let me know what you find.