PDA

View Full Version : Sound Cutting Out & Clipping

MusicBear
May 30th, 2002, 10:12 AM
MicroStudio was fine, until last night when I was practicing using it. All of a sudden, the music began to crackle and clip, almost sounding like a loose wire type of situation, crackling, especially on the bass notes.

When I play CD's on my computer the sound is fine, as well as .wav's that I play, or mp3's. The only problem with sound comes from MicroStudio.

Any ideas of why this might be happening?

George
May 30th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Just a thought...are you sure you didn't inadvertantly try to play an MP3 in Microstudio? It won't handle MP3's they have to be reprocessed as .WAV. Dunno, just speculating. Beyond that, I'd recheck the system and installation requirements, and if that's all up to snuff, I believe I'd uninstall and re-install Microstudio. Could be a download glitch. If none of that helps, and it just wasn't a one time occurance respond so's support can know the problem still exists

Taake care,

George

MTUSUPPORT
May 31st, 2002, 10:26 AM
Musicbear,
Try placing a Karaoke CD in the drive, and try playing this from Microstudio and see what happens. Let me know what you find.

MusicBear
May 31st, 2002, 08:46 PM
Hello,

I tried playing a CD+G CD through Microstudio, and still am experiencing the same problem. It is a crackling, stactic type
of sound. Also, the output volume is greatly diminished.
I do not have this problem playing the same CD+G through my
standard CD playback soft ware.

MTUSUPPORT
June 3rd, 2002, 04:58 PM
Musicbear,
This is because Microstudio plays back through the IDE cable, which is the interface that your other drives may be connected to this CD-R drive, so if you have another drive connected, please disconnect this and try it again and let me know what happens.

You could have a drive that is installed on your system, that is adding noise to the IDE channel, thus causing your problems.

MusicBear
June 4th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I only have one CD drive, and my floppy disk drive.
Should I try disconcting the floppy drive?

MTUSUPPORT
June 6th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Musicbear,
NO, the floppy drive is on a different cable than your CD-Recorder. What brand of CD-R drive are you using? If it is not a Plextor drive, please give the exact model number of this drive. It sounds like you might have a problem with your drive itself.