PDA

View Full Version : Graphics but no audio - adjust volume control

landmanron
May 23rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
Hi I have graphics but no audio. I am using the latest version of Microstudio 2.315 and my sound card Soundblaster Live is hooked up and working as my computer plays regular audio using a different program. My drive is a Plextor 24/10/40a. I have 384 mb memory and a 1 gig p3. Any ideas, suggestions? Thanks.

Ron Adams :?

jahern
May 23rd, 2002, 07:06 PM
Sometimes people get sound with a cd-rom drive because their cd rom is plugged into their sound card. The sound that we get with this program, however, is from the Direct or Wave sound section. I get sound while playing a disc with this program even though my cd rom is not plugged into my sound card. I get the wave or direct sound signal. Check and make sure your wave signal is enabled. (start-programs-accesories-entertainment-volume control or some similar pathway) If you already know perfectly what I am talking about, I am sorrry to waste your time. If it is new to you, then maybe you will find your solution

landmanron
May 24th, 2002, 12:38 AM
I think I figured it out. When playing a music cd, it is in the cda format. when playing a cdg, it is in the wav format. Sure enough, i checked my volume control and found out that the cda was enabled but the wave was not. I raised the volume control on the wave and it worked, thanks.

Ron:g