PDA

View Full Version : can I create folders?

tomardo
May 21st, 2002, 07:52 PM
I just got Micro Studio. I'm a singer and have about 115 original CDG's that I'd like to condense down to about 40-50.

I'm new at this.....Here's my question..... Can I download CDG's to the hard drive into different folders. In other words..... I may want to download a CD with 10 songs on it to the hard drive. The songs on that CDG may eventually go on 5 different CDG's I'm going to burn..... Can I do that? Or should I just download songs to the hard drive that I will be burning immediately.

I hope you can follow this...... All I am tryin to accomplish is to put each CDG that I am downloading to the hard drive in the drive once and not 10 times if there were 10 songs from that CDG going onto 10 different CDG's

Thanks,

Tomardo

admin
May 21st, 2002, 10:29 PM
Don't use the Disc Duplicate Tab to do this. That creates a temporary file that is automatically deleted after you are finished making your backup copies.

Use the Import Tracks Tab. You can selectively import each song track as a separate file. You can specify the drive, directory, subdir, etc. You will see that you must name each track you have selected for import. You can use the Autoname function, or custom name each track. These names become the file names on the hard drive.

Then, when you later want to make a new disc of some of these songs, go to the Custom Assembly Tab, and... well, read the manual for the details.

That's how you do it. :c