PDA

View Full Version : CDR Problems / Burning to disc

Glenski3
May 15th, 2002, 12:58 AM
Hi there...

I have a slight problem, every time I go to burn a disc, it returns a few seconds later with an error message...

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 0:0:0
Read/Write error or bad medium detected
(04h 00h 02h 03h 0ch 09h)

Why is this happening!!!

Could it be to do with me upgrading my Mother Board and Processor, it worked fine when I had my old Mother Board and Processor Installed...

I am running the latest ASPI Drivers

My CDR Is a Sony CRX200E 12x cd-r 8x cd-rw 32x cd-rom
which fully supports cd+g/cd-audio

I know becuase it worked on old system...

I've also disabled Auto Insert Notification
Enabled Sync Data Transfer
Enabled Disconnect

PROBLEM: DMA .... Everytime I go to enable DMA and reboot my system, it locks up at the boot up.... I then have to reboot in safe mode and do a system restore (Win ME) to enable me to boot up and use my computer... but DMA is not enabled... this happens everytime I go to enable DMA..... WHY?

It all seems weird to me knowing that everything worked fine before, and now i've upgraded, it does not...
The rest of my system is the same... Hard Drives, Sound Cards etc... only the Mother Board and Processor we're upgraded.

Old Motherboard was an SIS Motherboard
and an AMD K6-MMX 450 Processor

New Motherboard is a EQS Motherboard PM-220XA-AOS
and an AMD Duron 1ghz Processor

Could this be the problem?

or is it to do with not being able to enablr DMA?

If so how do I enable DMA without my system freezing up?

Would be grateful if someone can shed some light on the matter

I am using Microstudio Version 2.314
and CDR-Wins 4.0A

Both generate the same problem...

Please Help!

Glenski

Glenski3
May 18th, 2002, 09:53 PM
I have resolved this problem by contacting the manufacturers of the Motherboard 'EQS'. Apparently there is a problem with the Motherboard drivers and Sony CDR Hardware regards enabling DMA, so to resolve this i've had to upgrade my Motherboard drivers, and since doing so I'm able to burn cd's at 12x speed instead of the measly 2/4x....

So people beware, it's not always the CDR Media at faught!!
Check that you have the latest Motherboard Drivers for your PC Based system and that you have any CMOS/BIOS Enabled Virus checking software disabled, and also any Anti Virus Software disabled whilst burning your CDR'S...

I GOT THERE IN THE END!!!

Now I can go about creating my Karaoke Utility Discs again...

Ideal for every Karaoke Show, before you start and when you finish your show...

Cheers

Glenski

MTUSUPPORT
May 20th, 2002, 11:22 AM
Cool,
Glen I am glad that you got this figured out. Usually when there is a problem with enabling the DMA it is something to do with the Motherboard drivers.