PDA

View Full Version : recorder makes cdg with clone cd but not microstudio

jahern
April 29th, 2002, 01:59 AM
I recently purchaseda cdrw by sony (I may take it back in 30 days) which the demo of microstudio lists as crx 185e1 xys2. The code on the box itself is crx 185a1. The demo says that this machine doesn't do any cdg. However, using clone cd I made a clean as a whistle backup copy of a cdg at an amazingly fast speed. Will this recorder ever be recognized by Microstudio??

I didn't rely on anybody's claims. I purchased it at a store that has good prices and a generous return policy.

I like the price of this recorder. I just want to know if I will be able to use it with Microstudio. (Clone CD apparently uses it just fine)

admin
April 29th, 2002, 09:14 AM
It does not always require a CDR to be CDG capable. On the other hand, it won't allow reading individual tracks, playing a CDG disc on your PC or importing tracks for Hoster.

If Microstudio doesn't recognize a NEW drive released since our last Microstudio update release, it MAY be recognized in our next release. However, if the drive does not read and write the CDG format for tracks, we won't support it.