PDA

View Full Version : Play stops, starts and unsyncs - fied by removing Adaptec DirectCD

rolszews
April 26th, 2002, 12:54 PM
I have a Microm Duron 750 PC with 128MB ram and a 30BG 5400rpm Drive.Using Plexwriter 24/10/40 Aptapi drive

The Kareoke Burning software runs great.....I am havinga problem with playback....All CDG's original or copies have breaks in sound or text playback stops or locks up....If I replay the song the problem happens in different places in the song, or very rarely, place all the way through fine....I have nothing else running.....All copies made seem to run fine on outside CDG players......I do have Adaptec direct cd still loaded and will unload to try and solve....any other ideas?

George
April 26th, 2002, 04:40 PM
One possibility is Microstudio requires DirectX of 8.0 or higher. You can check this out by clicking the help tab in Microstudio and clicking on Direct X. It will tell you what version you have. If not 8.0 or higher it can be downloaded free from Microsoft website.

Hope this helps. Please advise outcome.

Take Care,

George

rolszews
April 26th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks George.....I have checked that...and in the meantime I uninstalled Adaptec DirectCD. And THAT DID IT! It works great now!!!! Sorry for the bother!
Ray