PDA

View Full Version : slow read with USB drive

mmumma
April 18th, 2002, 06:04 PM
I have a PlexWriter 24/10/40U USB drive and Microstudio 2.315. I cannot get the drive to read at a decent speed. It burns the new CDG in about 4 minutes at 24x write speed. But it takes 10-15 min to read the CD to the hard drive (it doesn't tell me what speed it is reading at). My hardware is a 2.2Gb P4 with a 120Gb HD and I'm running the drive through a USB2 connection. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

MTUSUPPORT
April 19th, 2002, 10:17 AM
This could be the fastest this drive will read. We are not sure, we have never tested this drive yet. We should have one in next week sometime, I will then test it. Please make sure that you have updated your ASPI drivers. Also, what Windows OS are you running? Please email me at support@mtu.com. this way I can send you an ASPI driver that you may need. Please title the email ASPI driver for USB drive.

sparky133
April 27th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Are you using USB 2.0 if not then this is why you are getting the slow burn times. USB 1.1 interface performance is limited to 4X write, 4X rewrite and 6X read. Also can anyone tell me why my drive is not being recogonized. It only finds my internal H.P. DVD writer 100i