PDA

View Full Version : monitors and cdg play success uvga

jahern
April 6th, 2002, 04:24 PM
I have two monitors, one recently picked up from my friend. I thought that this monitor would be fine. It is an AcerView 34t UVGA. There are some problems playing files and cdg discs with this monitor. The color is blackened and there is a problem with the screen not being centered. The problem is only noticeable with this monitor. (My other monitor has different problems) Everything else seems to work ok with this monitor. Is it just a bad monitor? I have dx80 and am currently trying to find and download anything higher that I can.

Thanks for any help.

admin
April 9th, 2002, 09:18 AM
jhearn, what do you mean by "the color is blackened"?

The centering of an image on the display is controlled by the horizontal and vertical centering controls on the monitor. I don't think that direct-x 8.0 or 8.1 has any affect on this.

George
April 9th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Is there another P.C. available to you, perhaps at the friend you got the monitor from ? If you hook it up to another P.C. and it's still messed up, that should be your answer.

George

jahern
April 14th, 2002, 11:37 AM
What I mean by "blackened" is this. I can discern the words, and the highlighting of text, but the colors are so dark that I cannot discern them. It's almost like a document that has been burned but not completely.

When I make a song on KHP and replay the song before saving the cdg file, the colors are fine. (I have not really ever had success playing a song with KHP. The text moves way too slowly; I always just create the cdg file and then see how it is on Microstudio) However, after saving the file, when I try to play it on Microstudio, the colors are all black like all the others. I know the monitor can show the colors, it just doesn't "want to" when I'm using Microstudio.

I'm aware of the "centering" controls that some monitors have on their consoles. The monitor in question has a very bad centering problem when playing cdg files or discs using Microstudio. It's almost like the surface of the song has moved to the right and started to wrap itself underneath. I can even see the shadow of the wrapped portion on the right side. Using the controls, I can wrap it still further, but I cannot totally unwrap it. There is always some part that is lost.

I said that I had two monitors. The one I was using, (Hyundai DeluxScan 15B) sometimes sticks on settings and is unaffected by the controls. (This problem was independent of Microstudio) I decided to use it again and for some reason the controls are operating just fine. (I installed dx81 during my crisis. Maybe that's it or maybe it has to do with the re-install that erased some file corruption) So I am no longer using the AcerView 34t UVGA. I am responding to your inquiry in hopes that if there is a bug in the program, it can be fixed. I also thought that there might be an issue with UVGA as opposed to VGA. My guess is that the monitor was just bad.