PDA

View Full Version : CD Burner not there when detecting drives

JRock000
February 18th, 2002, 07:51 PM
I bought and installed the Microstudio 2.314 along with your cd-r drive, the plexwriter 24/10/40a. I've installed the drive which worked fine, i've even made audio cd's using the software enclosed with the drive. However, Microstudio does not detect the drive. It shows my cd-rom drive, but not the cd burner. What can I do to correct this problem. I've installed the ASPI you suggested and the DirectX, but the Drive is still not showing up in the Microstudio only. It works with all other applications. My computer is relatively a dinosaur, a Pentium 166 mhz, Win95, 64mb ram, but this still should work, right?

admin
February 19th, 2002, 04:52 AM
1. Microstudio 2.314 installs its own ASPI driver. I suggest you uninstall Microstudio (must do this first), then reinstall it.

2. In the Drives menu, Selecte ASPI Driver... command, you can select which ASPI driver is being used. You can try changing this also.

We will be out of town until Saturday. We won't be able to answer again until them.

MTUSUPPORT
February 25th, 2002, 05:33 PM
I don't believe that Microstudio works correctly on Windows 95 or Windows 98 First Edition. It really needs to be Windows 98 Second Edition or later, this could be your problem. The only programs probably correctly support Windows 95.