PDA

View Full Version : Microstudio won't detect my drives? - They use RAW DAO 96 not CDG TAO

DJ Chameleon
February 18th, 2002, 07:26 PM
I just downloaded the demo version, updated my ASPI and still no luck. I am running a new Dell XP original install computer with an NEC NR-7900A (1,0) burner and a MItsumi CR-4824TU USB external CD Burner. Both drives have read and copied CDG discs with no problem using a different program.

What do I need to do to get Microstudio to recognize my drives. I have spent at least two hours researching this question on the websit and the forum before asking for help.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Brian
aka DJ Chameleon

admin
February 18th, 2002, 08:22 PM
If it is CD Clone, it does not use a CDG capable drive to duplicate a disc image. However, to play discs, and import songs to make a custom assembled disc, as Microstudio is designed to do, you must have a CDG capable drive.

If Microstudio 2.314 "Detect Drives" button does not find the drives at all, there is something wrong. If it shows that they are not Karaoke capable, they are not Karaoke capable. :f

DJ Chameleon
February 19th, 2002, 01:12 PM
Thank you for your quick response. The other program I was using was CloneCD and both drives were able to read and write CDG discs. I also was not able to find a "detect drives" button or option on a pull down menu anywhere. If both my drives can read the sub-channel data in RAW-96 mode which I believe they can, why wouldn't Microstudio detect them?

I am eager to buy the whole suite if I can get them to work on my computer. Thanks you in advance for your assistance.

Brian
aka DJ Chameleon

George
February 19th, 2002, 06:36 PM
For your info. Im surprised to see you got a response from admin. this morning. Just so you'll know if you hear nothing for awhile,most of the staff at MTU left today to attend a Karaoke show. I believe they'll be out of pocket, and unable to help this week.

Take care,

George

DJ Chameleon
February 20th, 2002, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the info. Now that you bring it up I remember reading on another post they were going to be at the Vegas Mobile Beat show Feb. 19 thru the 22nd. I certainly can't remember where I read it as I read thru this forum for at least 2 hours yesterday.

If any user can help me figure this out I would certainly appreciate it. Otherwise I will wait patiently for the staff to get caught up after the Mobile Beat show.

Brian
aka DJ Chameleon

MTUSUPPORT
February 25th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Brian,
The Raw Dao 96 is what is used by CloneCD to read the CD+G format, but this format is only able to be used when you are doing a complete Disc At Once operation. Our Program uses DAO to do the duplicate, which with the correct drives will copy the CD+G Graphics. For using the Custom Assembly, Player, and Import tracks parts, it is using a type of Track At Once reading, which allows it to pull the CD+G subcodes, from capable drives only, to allow for playing or reading a track at a time. It then uses DAO to write the CD in the Custom Assembly Tab.