PDA

View Full Version : Just Purchased Microstudio & Home Producer

davidojon
February 5th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Please help,
Can't import tracks from cdg disc onto my hard drive with Microstudio 2.314, although I can create cdg songs and write to disc using Home Producer.

Getting error message although tracks appear in track window prior to selecting import tab. Cant copy karaoke discs either, still getting same error message and have tried different types of karaoke discs. I have copied karaoke discs successfully before using other software.

My current set-up is:-
Windows ME, CD-R drive is LG/GCE 8160B, Sync data transfer on, Auto insert off. (Note: DMA option is not shown in my properties), Microstudio confirms my CD-R drive is capable of reading/writing cdg's, Read speed set to minimum setting.

Does anybody have any ideas.

Thanks

George
February 5th, 2002, 03:36 PM
possibly ASPI drivers. check the drives tab & try switching to default drivers. Also need to make sure Direct X 8.0 or better is installed(can be downloaded from Microsoft website). also for best KHP operation, set P.C. color resolution to 16bit high. Hope this helps.

Take care,

George

davidojon
February 6th, 2002, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the info George. I will install X 8.0 and see if this works. Have already tried default drive setting but still no good.

Dave

MTUSUPPORT
February 7th, 2002, 03:21 PM
David,
I have talked to another person today, that we went through everything that I could think of for this same LiteOn LTR 8160b drive, and it will not read the CD+G format correctly, even though in Microstudio it says it will work. All it will do is give you an error when trying to read, that it can't read from certain sectors, and then say it had an illegal command request.