MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 30th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Transfer Hoster from one laptop to another

When you say “so I got the folder put in” Did you use the Restore option or just copy the singers.mdb ?

Are you going to run from the external ? If so it may be that your computer allocated it a different volume letter to what it used on your previous computer so changing the file paths.

If you know what volume was allocated on the previous computer check if it shows the same when connected to new computer.

If not same you can change it in Windows. With the external connected, Right click on the windows Icon Far left side of taskbar, select Disc management. In the dialog that comes up right click on the external drive, in the flyout choose change drive letter & paths, then select change, make it match your previous drive letter. press OK.

If your not running from the external and you copied all your files to your C drive then you may be able to correct the path from within Hoster.
From the Tools menu choose Edit songs, at the top of that dialog is a big button for my drive letter has changed, try that.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 30th, 2021, 07:28 PM

I mean I have the singers file on the new computer so it is showing the singers. The software is an upgraded to the newest available from mtu. I am running from a brand new external 2tb HD. When I go to import, pick my and the mp3 buttons it searches and finds the mp3\'s but when I try to import it only does the kma file a not the mo3\'s. The new software should be able to use any drive shouldn\'t it or am I on the wrong path here? I\'ve tried to send Brian a text and no answer in almost 24 hours. I went to the mtu site and he isnt on there during hours for the help now. I\'ll send u a private message as well
Old July 30th, 2021, 09:24 PM

The hoster software is a clean install. Also..Brian messaged back tonight and said that MTU is now charging $75 an hour to help folks. Kinda aggravates me beings I have spent or been responsible for over $1000 worth of software purchases. I get he cant spend hours with each person...but this will take like 15 minutes. He did it on my backup like 5 or 6 years ago. It\'s just something I\'m missing and cant figure it out
Old March 7th, 2022, 10:10 AM

It sure would be nice is the was a COMPLETE backup and restore function since there is always people asking how to do this. It should be as simple as buying an Apple product. You turn it only and your old backup is restore automatically. MTU has said before that it would take to long. That’s ok with with.
Old March 19th, 2022, 07:14 PM

I think I\'m going to take the plunge and get a new laptop, let me make sure I got this right. I\'m going to use the backup feature to an external hard drive, then copy my song files to the external drive. Then delete Hoster from my current computer before I do anything to the new computer?

I want to use an external drive on the new computer so I know I have to point Hoster to this new location. What happens to all the imported files notes from notepad though sine they are going to have the wrong drive letter in the notepad file. Example below.

C:\\Users\\mikee\\Documents\\Karaoke Origional files\\Chartbuster\\200xx\\Cb20007-11 - Wright, Chely - Shut Up And Drive.zip
C:\\Users\\mikee\\Documents\\Karaoke Origional files\\Chartbuster\\200xx\\Cb20012-08 - Loveless, Patty - You Don\'t Seem To Miss Me.zip
C:\\Users\\mikee\\Documents\\Karaoke Origional files\\Chartbuster\\200xx\\Cb20026-07 - Brooks, Garth - She\'s Gonna Make It.zip
C:\\Users\\mikee\\Documents\\Karaoke Origional files\\Chartbuster\\200xx\\Cb20026-10 - Anderson, John - Takin\' The Country Back.zip
Old March 19th, 2022, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

When you say (Then delete Hoster from my current computer before I do anything to the new computer?)
Dont just delete it, you must uninstall while on line, this will free up your registation to allow registering your new computer.
If you just delete Hoster the records wont show it has been removed.
If your music files were originally on your C drive and now you want them on your external you might be better using the edit dialog and select the (my drive letter has changed option)
You may find it better to copy all your music files to the external before uninstalling, then use the edit my drive letter has changed again before uninstalling, then check Hoster runs from that drive ok.
Once you know that works create your backup, then uninstal.
Then when you restore it should know where all your files are.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 19th, 2022, 09:06 PM

Yes, I didn’t mean just delete. My last question didn’t get answered. Inside each folder is a imported file log-Notepad, since my drive letter is going to change what effect is this going to have? Do I need to delete all those logs?
Don’t those logs tell Hoster that these files have already been imported?
Old March 20th, 2022, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Just ignore that file, dont delete it. If you change the drive path via edit dialog Hoster will update its database where all the file paths are.
Old March 20th, 2022, 12:02 PM

I know there use to be a bunch of things you use to need to do to windows before you install Hoster but I looked that up and saw that information was from 2016. Do we still need to do all those things with windows 10 still
Old March 20th, 2022, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I would say from the Windows 8 list: item #2 install video codecs if you intend showing videos is a must.
Item 4: disable alarm sounds as you dont want all sorts of beeb warnings over your music.
Items 5,6 &7 are shown as possibly needed. You can always do them after if something not working right.
Old March 22nd, 2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Te Kani View Post
A simple process I\\\\\\\'m sure but just refresh my memory as to how to remove Hoster completely from one laptop and install on another, including song files which unfortunately, I do not have on a separate hard drive.

My gratitude as always.

Sincerely
Lloyd Tk
In the help section of Hoster there are several videos (I think six) I wish MTU would make more videos on how to doing things especially transferring from one computer to another as this question gets asked all the time
Old March 22nd, 2022, 07:25 PM

[quote=Roy Dennis;138267]When you say (Then delete Hoster from my current computer before I do anything to the new computer?)
Dont just delete it, you must uninstall while on line, this will free up your registation to allow registering your new computer.
If you just delete Hoster the records wont show it has been removed.
If your music files were originally on your C drive and now you want them on your external you might be better using the edit dialog and select the (my drive letter has changed option)
You may find it better to copy all your music files to the external before uninstalling, then use the edit my drive letter has changed again before uninstalling, then check Hoster runs from that drive ok.
Once you know that works create your backup, then uninstal.
Then when you restore it should know where all your files are.

sorry I get lost in all these post. I followed these direction exactly so I don\\\'t know why it didn\\\'t work. I tried changing the drive letters like you said that didn\\\'t work neither nor did repairing.
When I go to import songs I get two message one saying You have chosen not to add MP3 Encoder support at this time.
If you would like to do this at some point in the future,
just click \\\"OK\\\". Otherwise, check the box below, and you
will not be asked again.Don\\\'t know if I should just check that, then I get a message saying the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
C:\\\\users\\\\melki\\\\appdata\\\\local\\\\temp\\\\MTUGetLame.exe

After I get past that I can rescan all the individual folders and re-import. I though I could do it all at once but that won\\\'t work. If I recall there is a 99 limit??
Old March 22nd, 2022, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

The 99 limit is how many files to a disc id, dont think adding folders has a limit.
No idea why get Lame.exe not working.