MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 11th, 2009, 02:42 PM

something i found

remove silence was working great ..all the tracks lyrics were in sync and i tested all my songs i sing and they were spot on (when i used the playback offset option to alter the lyrics and music in sync)

Then a singer on my Thursday show asked to sing Hallelujah the Alexandra Burke version on sunfly , This was way out of sync but all my others songs were in sync . luckily she knew the song and no one noticed .

on Friday i sat down at home and looked at the track i tried altering playback offset and if i changed it to fit for Hallelujah then all the others were out.

I then stumbled on this ...in edit songs i altered the start marker so there was a longer gap before the track started i added 3 seconds of silence to the beginning of the track..it then synced up spot on.

weird one ..put ive posted this hoping that it may solve someone's similar problem... shows working brilliantly no crashes !!! 4.11 rocks
Old October 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

This could be something with Sunfly's format or it may only be that one track. I have noticed a few tracks slightly out os sync from Chartbuster and Sound Choice too and this isn't because of Remove Silence (haven't applied to show machine yet). Must have been a bad day for the person syncing the track.
Your find is why they included the capability in Edit to change those settings.

Good find Rob. You might want to check the rest of your Sunfly to make sure they are right.
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:26 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robster View Post
remove silence was working great ..all the tracks lyrics were in sync and i tested all my songs i sing and they were spot on (when i used the playback offset option to alter the lyrics and music in sync)

Then a singer on my Thursday show asked to sing Hallelujah the Alexandra Burke version on sunfly , This was way out of sync but all my others songs were in sync . luckily she knew the song and no one noticed .

on Friday i sat down at home and looked at the track i tried altering playback offset and if i changed it to fit for Hallelujah then all the others were out.

I then stumbled on this ...in edit songs i altered the start marker so there was a longer gap before the track started i added 3 seconds of silence to the beginning of the track..it then synced up spot on.

weird one ..put ive posted this hoping that it may solve someone's similar problem... shows working brilliantly no crashes !!! 4.11 rocks
Weird one indeed. The only thing I can think of is that the spot where the audio starts has a complicated graphic to draw and for some reason your computer is forcing the audio or graphics to wait while it does the other, and by altering the start of the file that is no longer an issue.

Changing the start time in the edit screen changes both the audio and graphics by the same amount. There is no Hoster related reason why it would change the sync positively or negatively. I've adjusted the start times of about a hundred songs, some by as much as a minute and a half to make loooong intros more bearable, and have seen no change in sync whatsoever.

I'll play with some of my Sunfly's and see if I can come across something similiar.

Sam
Old October 11th, 2009, 06:32 PM

all the other sunfly tracks i have tried are ok it just seems to be that one!
Old October 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindonstrike View Post
Changing the start time in the edit screen changes both the audio and graphics by the same amount. There is no Hoster related reason why it would change the sync positively or negatively. I've adjusted the start times of about a hundred songs, some by as much as a minute and a half to make loooong intros more bearable, and have seen no change in sync whatsoever.
Sam
Robster, Sam is absolutely accurate. We worked many long hours to keep the lyrics/graphics in sync with the audio with Remove Silence. When you "Edit Song", whatever you do "should" keep the lyrics and audio in sync.

I can only agree with Sam's assessment... changing when the song starts playing could only adjust the time to compute the lyrics/graphics... if your computer is borderline (CPU & RAM).

What processor type do you have, and what is its speed (GHz)?

How much system RAM do you have?

What video card/port do you have?

These answers may shed some light on what is happening.

Given you ARE seeing this difference on this song, we'd like to get to the bottom of WHY it is happening.
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:05 AM

Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz (processor bus 667 MHz) 2 MB processor cache.
3072 MB of RAM
Intel GMA X3100 256 MB
Storage (hard drive): 160 GB internal , 500 GB external USB2.0 Freecom Hard drive
Given that it is only the one track out of the hundreds i have tried i am more likely to think it is something with the one track than my computer

it is an imported mp3+g track
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz (processor bus 667 MHz) 2 MB processor cache.
3072 MB of RAM
Intel GMA X3100 256 MB
Storage (hard drive): 160 GB internal , 500 GB external USB2.0 Freecom Hard drive
Given that it is only the one track out of the hundreds i have tried i am more likely to think it is something with the one track than my computer

it is an imported mp3+g track
I agree with your thought as your computer is ideal for running Hoster.

If you want to zip it up and email support@mtu.com, we could take a look at it to see what is different.

QUESTION: Does it play correctly without Remove Silence processing?
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:11 PM

yep it plays fine , thats why i altered the mark in point i thought if it plays ok at the full start , how much can i take off before it acts up ...I will zip it and send it tomorrow
Old October 14th, 2009, 09:20 AM

I have sent the file as requested today