MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM

ACPI setting

OK, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista. I downloaded the lastest Hoster and my lyrics are out of sync. I started to follow the troubleshooting guides instructions on how to fix this problem by changing the ACPI PC settings. I got as far as step 11, when I restarted the computer after changing the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. I am then suppose to enter the Advanced Bios by pressing F2. I've gotten that far and am stuck. I can get into the Bios settings by pressing F2 but there is no "Advanced" option and I can not find anything having to do with ACPI so that I can change it to Disabled. I've got karaoke on Saturday and after the lyric issue last Saturday I really need this fixed. Please help. I have looked all over Dell's site and can't find the help I need. This is my next stop. Thank's for the hlep
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskatazdvl View Post
OK, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista. I downloaded the lastest Hoster and my lyrics are out of sync. I started to follow the troubleshooting guides instructions on how to fix this problem by changing the ACPI PC settings. I got as far as step 11, when I restarted the computer after changing the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. I am then suppose to enter the Advanced Bios by pressing F2. I've gotten that far and am stuck. I can get into the Bios settings by pressing F2 but there is no "Advanced" option and I can not find anything having to do with ACPI so that I can change it to Disabled. I've got karaoke on Saturday and after the lyric issue last Saturday I really need this fixed. Please help. I have looked all over Dell's site and can't find the help I need. This is my next stop. Thank's for the hlep
First the setting is for APIC not ACPI so you may have been looking for the wrong thing.
Second this only applies if your laptop has the Nvidia Chipset. This is not the video card but is part of the motherboard circuitry. Every Dell I have ever had uses an Intel Chipset.
Part of your problem is that laptops use a shared memory borrowed from the main memory instead of having dedicated video memory. This cause a limitation on what the computer can handle.

That all said now for a few questions to help us understand exactly what is going on.
What version did you upgrade from?
Are you using the Background Audio and visualizations with it?
Are you using visualizations with Audio files you are playing through the playlist?
Do you have any other programs running with Hoster?
How much memory does this laptop have?

The reason I am asking about these things is because the new versions (4.10 & 4.11) have a lot more in them. Both require more processor time and memory usage.

There is an adjustment that can be made in the Tools/Options called Playback Offset that you can adjust to help with the sync. It would be better to try to find the cause first though.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:12 PM

In response:

That all said now for a few questions to help us understand exactly what is going on.
What version did you upgrade from?
Are you using the Background Audio and visualizations with it?
Are you using visualizations with Audio files you are playing through the playlist?
Do you have any other programs running with Hoster?
How much memory does this laptop have?

The old version I had I'm not sure which one it was. It was 3.312 I believe. I am just simply playing karaoke with singers. None of the extras the new host has to offer. I haven't had a chance to play with all the new stuff yet. I do not run any other programs with Hoster either. I bumped the memory in the laptop up to 4 gb with the new hoster because I did not have enough with it. OK so if I don't have to adjust any bios settings then how to I get my Device Manager issue back to the original. I got that step done. After doing that step now when I start hoster it says my processor is not fast enough. . I'm not real savy on this kind of stuff and am getting really frustrated. Thanks again.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Run System Information located in the Start Menu, Programs - Accessories/System Tools. Copy the Summary information and paste it in a post here. This will help us determine exactly what your system has.

Jumping from 3.3xx to 4.11 is a huge change. There have been a whole lot of features added and of course the more you add the harder the computer has to work. Even if you haven't used any of the new features some of those are still running in the background.

Have you done all the items on this checklist (which is also in the manual)?
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/v...de-hoster4.htm

What it had you set will not hurt the computer and has nothing to do with the message you are getting about the processor speed. Hoster has two checks that it does now which are for processor speed and memory. If either of these do not meet the recommended minimums then you get a message telling you that it doesn't meet minimums (not those words but what you are getting or that memory is to low). This is why I want to see your system information.

Last edited by ddouglass; October 8th, 2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:55 PM

OK here is the system info

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name TOLSONA-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 1520
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz, 1462 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A03, 8/16/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name Tolsona-PC\christines
Time Zone Alaskan Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.75 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.22 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.65 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.08 GB
Page File Space 0.98 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

yes i went through the page of requirements and believe they have all been done.

Thanks.
Old October 9th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

At 1.46GHz I am pretty sure this is below the new test minimum (I will verify that tomorrow with MTU). Though yours is above the minimum requrements in the manual and on the webpage it is very close to it. This is why you are experiencing sync problems.
I would recommend though that you go to Dell Support webpage and get the driver and Bios updates for that laptop. Your Bios is listed as version A03 and I am sure there has been an update since then.

Tags
acpi, bios settings, lyrics out of sync