MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old April 16th, 2021, 03:17 PM

Yamaha Mixer

Has anyone used a Yamaha Mixer with their computer for Karaoke?

I currently use a Bose T1 and Bose L1 Compact along with my laptop for home Karaoke. The Bose T1 is way too complicated for me and I thought I might try the Yamaha MG06X or the MG10XU with the LI and my laptop. Both of the the mixers have effects and the 10XU has a USB to connect to the laptop.

I\'m sure the Bose T1 is great, but I only need a vocal set-up not a backup band.

I hope you all are doing well and that this pandemic will soon be over.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old April 17th, 2021, 10:41 AM

Re: Yamaha Mixer

I am sure that either one of those will do what you want.

I personally use a Peavey PV6 BT for 95% of my shows (pre-covid). (I have two of them!)

They are the perfect small mixer for me. They have effects (if needed) and the have the Stereo 1/8 inch hookup for audio cables!

IMHO, the perfect little compact mixer!
Old April 17th, 2021, 01:44 PM
VIP

Any mixer should work fine. As KOD mentioned, you can use the computer headphone jack to feed the mixer or if you have a mixer with USB capability you can hook it to the computer with a USB cable. I prefer using the USB method. I have used many mixers including the Bose Tone Match. Presently I am using a Zoom LiveTrak 20 with USB. I started using this mixer because it is also a recorder and I some times record my singers.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old April 17th, 2021, 01:45 PM

kod,

Once again thanks for your input. I also remember you shared information about your Peavey PV6 bt back in August 2019.

You indicated it did what you needed for your use, so I assume it is still working for you.

Thanks for always sharing your time and experience with the group.

Wes

Acer 11.6 inch Aspire V-5 Laptop with Win 7 Home Intel Celeron 1007U Processor 1.50Ghz 4GB ram

Acer 15.6 inch Aspire E1-531 Laptop with Win Home 10 64, Intel B960 Processor 2.2Ghz 4GB ram.
Old April 17th, 2021, 02:00 PM

Walt,

Thanks, I should have known you would provide your experience and helpful information, you are always there to help when needed.

Wes

Old April 17th, 2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
kod,

Once again thanks for your input. I also remember you shared information about your Peavey PV6 bt back in August 2019.

You indicated it did what you needed for your use, so I assume it is still working for you.

Thanks for always sharing your time and experience with the group.

Wes
Wow! That is a large mixer. I have a large mixer I use for Festivals when I need additional inputs for singers, etc. but the smaller one for most everything else.

I have a Boss Micro BR recorder (made by Roland) that I use when I want to record. It does a great job!

Yes, the Peavey does everything I need!
Old April 17th, 2021, 03:31 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrahn View Post
Walt,

Thanks, I should have known you would provide your experience and helpful information, you are always there to help when needed.

Wes
You are welcome my friend!

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old April 17th, 2021, 03:43 PM

A side note...

Has anyone heard from Roy?

I have not seen him post anything in quite awhile! I sure hope everything is OK across the pond!!!
Old April 17th, 2021, 04:02 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
A side note...

Has anyone heard from Roy?

I have not seen him post anything in quite awhile! I sure hope everything is OK across the pond!!!
I communicated with him a few weeks ago. He has revived an old hobby which is model trains. He posted on YouTube and has quite a setup. He started back at this hobby during the pandemic. He was doing fine.

Old April 17th, 2021, 06:16 PM

Walt,

Thanks for the information on Roy, I also was wondering about him. Sure glad he is doing well and has a hobby to replace his Karaoke gigs.

Wes

Old April 23rd, 2021, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Hi guys still here. Havent done Karaoke since the pandemic and may decide to call it a day but am fit and well, thanks for your concern.
I have been looking in and see Walt and Kod responding. I would but in if I thought I had a better answer.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 24th, 2021, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Any mixer should work fine. As KOD mentioned, you can use the computer headphone jack to feed the mixer or if you have a mixer with USB capability you can hook it to the computer with a USB cable. I prefer using the USB method. I have used many mixers including the Bose Tone Match. Presently I am using a Zoom LiveTrak 20 with USB. I started using this mixer because it is also a recorder and I some times record my singers.
Just as a follow up to Walts post on recording.
I always had a Zoom H5 recorder set up on my rig. I did not use the built in mics but ran a seperate channel from my mixer to record the output channel direct. Worked very well.
To Wrahn.
I did try a Bose t8 mixer, never did use it live, Sold it on Ebay soon after getting it. prefered my old Behringer QX1222USB, I prefer the sliders and to see all the controls right in front of me, not buried in menus.
But to each his own, just my preferences.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old April 24th, 2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
Hi guys still here. Havent done Karaoke since the pandemic and may decide to call it a day but am fit and well, thanks for your concern.
I have been looking in and see Walt and Kod responding. I would but in if I thought I had a better answer.
Roy,

It is good to hear from you and know you are all right!

I think we have all suffered from the pandemic, but we miss your expertise here on the forum.

I personally have learned a lot from your postings and really appreciate it. Please do not give those up...
Old April 24th, 2021, 10:19 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kod View Post
Roy,

It is good to hear from you and know you are all right!

I think we have all suffered from the pandemic, but we miss your expertise here on the forum.

I personally have learned a lot from your postings and really appreciate it. Please do not give those up...
AMEN!

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2022 at 12:42 PM.
Closed Thread