MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 9th, 2022, 11:03 PM

100\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Hi Everyone.
I have installed Hoster and over the last few days I have being Indexing all my song files as \'KMH-MP3G\'.
Problem:
For some reason, a number of discs aren\'t showing up in hoster as being indexed, even tho the \'.kmh\' file is there with the .cdg & mp3 files?
(Please see my picture)
Q. Is there a way of getting Hoster to recognize these files or do I have to re-index all the files again?

Thank you in advance. Lani
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File Errors - Discs 300 to 396.jpg (439.7 KB, 5 views)

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points
Old December 10th, 2022, 11:30 AM
VIP

Re: 100\\\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Have you actually done a search to see if they are showing in the search window. The area you show in the picture is for singers disk so i don\'t know what you are doing there. Click on the search button and see if you find them.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old December 13th, 2022, 08:54 PM

Hi Walt.

Thank you for your reply.

I did what you suggested;
\"Have you actually done a search to see if they are showing in the search window.\"

Yes, they were there. I was also able to add them to the playlist.
That got me thinking to try with the rest of my files. 1000\'s of other files \"did show up\" in the search window but unfortunately I \"couldn\'t add them\" to the playlist? An \"Error\" kept popping up! :(
(Plz see my Pic 01 attached)
Now I\'m dreading starting all over again. I have to acknowledge I\'ve done something wrong in my process of indexing my files.

I don\'t no if this is the place to ask but if I explained to you my process of \"Indexing\", you may see where I am going wrong.

Firstly:
HOW I SAVED MY FILES:
Many, many years ago when there were only cd\'s, I would rip them and save them into their respective folders. eg. DISC 001, DISC 002 etc, with files in each folder ranging in numbers from 10,15 - 25 files etc. (Plz see my Pic 02 attached)
Because I started that way, I just kept doing it the same way when \"zip files\" came into existence.

Secondly:
INDEXING FILES:
(Plz see my next Pic 03 on my process of Indexing)

Crazy thing is, I\'ve always done it this way and it has always worked. Probably not the best or efficient way!\" lol So not sure what I am doing wrong?
If I have to start from scratch again, so be it. As always, I look forward to your expertise and advice.
Thank you in advance.
Lani
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 01. Errors - Search-Add.jpg (376.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 02. DISC FOLDERS.jpg (353.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Pic 03. INDEXING.jpg (1.58 MB, 3 views)

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old December 13th, 2022, 09:42 PM
VIP

By looking at the first picture, it looks like the files are no longer in the original location. Go to Windows Explorer (File Manager) and see if the files are located where the error message is indicating. If they are not in those original file locations that may be your problem. Also make sure the kmh files are there as well and the importedfiles.txt are in the folders as well. Check that and post your findings before I go any further.

Toshiba Qosmio Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 32GB Ram, Graphics: 3GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
With Optimus Technology, Optical Drive: Blue-ray Disc Rewriteable (BD-RE) / DVD SuperMultic Drive, Intel Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth 4.0, LED Backlit Keyboard, 512 GB Samsung Solid State Drive and 4.0 TB and 1.5 TB Hard Drives, 4 USB 3.0 Ports. Breakaway Audio Enhancer

Toshiba Satellite Laptop; Windows 10, Intel I7, 6GB Ram, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Breakaway Audio Enhancer. 3 TB External WD Caviar Green Hard Drive.
Old December 14th, 2022, 05:01 PM

Morning Walt.
I have checked the location and all the files are there. (Plz see Pic 01a attached)

Q. Does Hoster remember a previous Install & file locations etc on an old computer when one does a complete, new install on a new computer? ie, different drives. Could that be my problem? Doesn\'t explain tho when some files do work??

Cheers Walt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pic 01a. Errors - Search-Add. Files at location.jpg (218.5 KB, 3 views)

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old December 14th, 2022, 08:58 PM
VIP

Re: 100\\\\\\\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
Morning Walt.
I have checked the location and all the files are there. (Plz see Pic 01a attached)

Q. Does Hoster remember a previous Install & file locations etc on an old computer when one does a complete, new install on a new computer? ie, different drives. Could that be my problem? Doesn\\\'t explain tho when some files do work??

Cheers Walt
Ok, and I assume that this is still your D: drive. If so, the only thing I can think to try is click on the import tap at the top of Hoster and scroll down to the repair button and click on that. Let it alone until it completes the scan. You may end up with duplications, but you can deal with that after. After completing the scan, notice if it states that songs were added. Taking a step back for a moment, are you sure these songs were available before you switched computers. If so, I\'m wondering if the backup/restore messed up.

Old December 15th, 2022, 07:50 PM

Hi Walt.

[quote]Ok, and I assume that this is still your D: drive.[END QUOTE]

Yes, all my files are on the \"D\" drive.

NB: I created a partition for this reason, so I have C: & D: drives. Hoster is installed on the C: Drive.

[quote]....the only thing I can think to try is click on the import tap at the top of Hoster and scroll down to the repair button and click on that.[END QUOTE]

I did the repair as you suggested and it worked for some of the files.
I\'ve been going thru my other folders using the search window and still many not showing up, yet all 3x files are in the folders:
* .cdg
* .mp3
* .kmh

I did the \"Repair\" again, but no success.

[quote].....are you sure these songs were available before you switched computers. If so, I\\\'m wondering if the backup/restore messed up.[END QUOTE]

NB: Sorry, I should have said this from the start. I didn\'t do a \"Restore\". I don\'t know how to do that so I just manually indexed every folder.

I really appreciate your help Walt and I have to apologize for wasting your time. I think I\'ll just start again.

Q.1. To start again, do I 1st delete the \'Songs Database\' file?

Q.2. Looking at my Folders in the \"MY DISC FOLDERS\" attached, am I able to Index \'All the Folders\' at once?

Thanking you again Walt in advance.

Lani
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03 MY DISC FOLDERS.jpg (350.6 KB, 2 views)

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old December 16th, 2022, 08:08 AM
VIP

Re: 100\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Before you do anything, I would click on the import tab as before but this time go to the BUILD DATA BASE and click on that. It should list all of the folders that Hoster has indexed. See if the problem folders are listed there. IF NOT, add the missing folders to be scanned. If the folders that have the missing songs in them are listed then stop there.

Now if you are going to re-index your songs, I wouldn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t delete the songs database folder in Hoster just yet (songs.mdb), instead I would rename it to say songs2.mdb. Now as you re-index, a new songs.mdb file will be generated. By re-naming the original you can always go back to it if need be by deleting the new one and re-naming the old one to the original. (I am assumng you know how to access this file.)

Now once this is done and you want to start indexing your songs from scratch, you need to delete all the kmh and all of the ImportededFiles.txt files. You are supposed to be able to do this by deleting songs in the edit page but I have found that it misses many songs and if this happens you won\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t get those songs re-indexed. The way i do it is to manually delete them under Windows Explorer or File Manager depending on which version of windows you are using. Once you have this completed you are ready to import all of your files from their present folders. If they are all in the proper defined order you can do them all at once, i.e. Disk ID, Artist, Title. If they are in different defined orders and you index them all at once you are going to end up with songs that have their order in the wrong columns. This is a big project and I have been through it so I wish you luck. I hope this gives you some guidance. I you have further questions please post them. Also I would make a backup of your song files just in case you happen to delete the wrong files!

Old December 16th, 2022, 05:43 PM
VIP

Another thought. It appears you know what folders that Hoster is not reading so you may just want to delete the kmh files in them along with the ImportedFiles.txt. Then re-index them. It will make the process much easier. It may not correct the way you wanted the IDs but you will have your songs back.

Old December 19th, 2022, 11:03 PM

Thumbs up Re: 100\\\'s Of Songs Indexed But Not Showing As Being Indexed?

Hi Walt.
Thank you for your advance. I did what you suggested and clicked on \"BUILD DATA BASE\". That corrected most of the folders but there wer still some that didnt correct.
As I went thru your suggestions, I started to understand how to work through the other folders and also understand why they weren\'t working. I eventually got them all working now....I think!? lol I can now see ALL my folders.

I did notice that some folders that did appeared in the Build Database list didn\'t show any files in the \"Selected Folder\" window to the right when I clicked on them. I knew they were in those folders. So I just deleted the .kmh files and the Importedfiles txt, then \"Re-Indexed\" those folders and \"Vuala!\"

I haven\'t checked every single folder yet but I\'m confident they\'ll work. THANK YOU SO MUCH WALT!! You\'ve saved me sooooooo many hrs work!!

Laptop Computer:
Video Cards:
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Old December 20th, 2022, 07:36 AM
VIP

Tags
index issue