MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 12th, 2004, 07:25 PM

Lyrics view skips and overlaps at times

Why it it that when I play back a cdg from my CDG drive on my MTU LapTop, (Admin. please check my purchase details), the music an/or the words will get jumbled up. regardless if I recorded the CD or from one I bought.
Yet when I install the CD to my hard drive afterwards, or to another CDG unit as a test to see if it was the tracks that were bad, they play back OK all the time.

At other times while playing from the hard drive in MicroStudio, the screen will change to all grey tones with no lyrics showing, but the music still plays.
Has anyone else had this problem, or do I have a multiple one.
Thanks for your help
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:55 AM

Question

I did get hits on my post but no answers. Maybe I need to make it more clear.
All of my equipment is the latest MTU and in a MTU Laptop.
All of the cdg's in the laptop were recorded with the on board Plexor drive. So all my CD's are used only once. I have been playing them from the hard drive flawlessly. Recently I wanted to record some back to a CD to use at Karaoke shows I visit. This is where I discovered a problem when playing them back on the CD from the same Plexor drive.

The music would skip and repeat itself. Then the lyrics would overlap on another line. Sometimes leaving broken text. This happens on many disks and in random places, even on some new disks I never used before. So I thought I would give it a test.

(1) Using the same Plexor drive, I reinstalled a disk that showed the problem back to the hard drive and played it from the hard drive. It played perfectly every time.

(2) I then played the problem CD on another cheap Karaoke machine, It played perfectly also.

(3) I took it to a Karaoke show and it played perfectly there too.

These tests tell me, the Plexor drive records perfectly, The disks are not scratched, since they work from the hard drive and else where, but it doesn't play back flawlessly from the Plexor drive. So I am stumpted.

My questions are-----

Is it the driver?
Is it the Plexor CD Rom?
Or something else in the Laptop?

The Plexor driver is 5.1.2535.0
Date 7/1/2001
Version 5.10(117)
By Roxio.

I really do need some help from the MTU Forum. Where else can I go?
Thanks
Old July 18th, 2004, 08:21 PM

Change your Audio card acceleration as stated in this FAQ: http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page..._v2&id=11&c=13
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:17 PM

To your last request

I did exactly what you requested again. This time in steps, I went all the way down to "No Acelleration" and playing the CD each time, the same problem exists. So that was not the cause.
Remember I mentioned I tested it in another CDG machine, and also to a karaoke show. This time I went into my equipment stock and pulled out my USB Plextor PXW48A1.03 drive and inserted the disk in it. It plays like a champ, just like all the other machines I played it on.
Unless you come up with something else I think I have a bad laptop CD+G drive. and I am out of the guarentee period by about two months. Any other suggestions before I go broke.

Last edited by jdavia; July 18th, 2004 at 09:26 PM.
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:29 PM

JDavia,
The only brand of drives that will work to play the Karaoke CD in Microstudio are the Plextor. So if your laptop drive is anything other than a Plextor, this is the problem. You must use the Plextor drive for it to work correctly.
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:32 PM

ONE MORE TIME !!! Plextor

Quote:
MTUSUPPORT

JDavia,
The only brand of drives that will work to play the Karaoke CD in Microstudio are the Plextor. So if your laptop drive is anything other than a Plextor, this is the problem. You must use the Plextor drive for it to work correctly.
My whole Laptop and programs for Karaoke were purchased from MTU. That means both CD drives. the one in the laptop and the outboard USB Plextor drive.

Whatever drive is in the cheap machine a "Memerox" or that was used at the karaoke show, I don't know, but they worked perfectly on playback. So if I need a Plextor drive for it to work flawlessly.
My posts have have always been about it not playing back flawlessly from the Plextor drive in my MTU laptop.
Old July 19th, 2004, 02:29 PM

Skipping...

jdavia,

I have Micro 2.4 installed on my other computer & same thing happened over the week-end!! When I play a cdg file from the hard drive or directly from the plextor the sound skips and the graphic will also have some problems.

Could you please post your dxdiag so I will compare with what I have?

Perhaps a new update from Windows created that problem?

Thanks
Old July 19th, 2004, 03:40 PM

JDAVIA,
The drives that come in the Laptops won't do Karaoke, thus the reason that you must have the External USB drive that we ship with the systems. This is the only way to get around the Laptops, not being able to support the CD+G format.

I hope this is all clear now for you, what you must do for it to work correctly.
Old July 19th, 2004, 05:37 PM

Quote:
MTUSUPPORT

The drives that come in the Laptops won't do Karaoke, thus the reason that you must have the External USB drive that we ship with the systems. This is the only way to get around the Laptops, not being able to support the CD+G format.

I hope this is all clear now for you, what you must do for it to work correctly.

I purchased laptop 04/07/2003
The complete specs. are.
Software
Hoster 2.0, Karaoke show hosting IS included standard. Windows XP Pro, including Ser. Rel. 1, Backup drive software CDROM writing software.

Hardware
Intel Proc. 2.4GHz, 256MB PC2100 DDR Memory 533 Front System Bus,

Built in 15.7 display
Dual display ATI MR9000 Graphics plus a singers karaoke display.

Storage Devices
Two UDMA-100 hard drives, MTU CDG Certified, 8x-write, 24x- read CD-recorder (internally mounted) Floppy, DVD-ROM drive for playing future Karaoke discs.

DVD-ROM drive can be replaced with a third 60GB drive.
HOSTER Professional Laptop Model Computer
(internally mounted)and a DVD-ROM drive.
This Hoster Laptop model computer is engineered for portability to host a remote Karaoke show. It comes with two 60GB hard drives with backup software, a MTU CDG Certified CD-Recorder drive (internally mounted)

Could it be that MTU had problems with it that they no longer install them in the laptop.
The only reason I have the USB outboard one wasto use with another computer, not the laptop. So now I either must to use it, or MTU make good on their position that what I was sold works on my laptop.