MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:50 AM

Question Help with the Preview Display...

The Preview Display...I'm not sure if that's what it's called...what I'm trying to do is to stretch the little monitor on the computer screen that has the lyrics on it, as the screen is almost split in half which makes the
lyrics too small to read! I don't run any displays or marquees, so I would
prefer to be able to see the print (of the song playing) on my computer
screen. I was able to stretch it before, but now it's now giving me any
arrows to stretch it! Does anyone know how I can stretch it or get the
arrows back, to be able to stretch it, again?
Thanks so much!!!!!
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:28 AM

try streching or double click on it before you play a song, ( preview screen is your comp. screen )
Old April 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM

Hey Debbi,
Got to Tools > Show Display > Preview and check the box that says "Undock and Resize Display". Close Hoster then reopen it and you will be able to make the preview window as large as you like.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; April 22nd, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM

Question Still need Help

I tried your suggestions....I'm on a Vista computer.....I went to Tools...
Show Display...Preview...and checked the box that says "Undock and
Resize Display"....then I clicked Apply...then I closed Hooster and reopened, then, I got nothing in the display box! The words didn't come up at all and by double clicking on the little window, I'm still not able to
make it any larger and it's not giving me an arrow to try to make it larger, either....but, first, I guess, now I need to find out how to get the words of the song back on the screen! Do you have any suggestions?
Thank You!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbi View Post
Quote:
I tried your suggestions....I'm on a Vista computer.....I went to Tools...
Show Display...Preview...and checked the box that says "Undock and
Resize Display"....then I clicked Apply...then I closed Hooster and reopened, then, I got nothing in the display box! The words didn't come up at all and by double clicking on the little window, I'm still not able to
make it any larger and it's not giving me an arrow to try to make it larger, either....but, first, I guess, now I need to find out how to get the words of the song back on the screen! Do you have any suggestions?
Thank You!
are you able to see the lyrics/graphics on the second ( singers display )monitor/tv or just the one on your comp/laptop? ( preview )
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:54 PM

Question Show Display

I can get the lyrics on a second TV....When I do as Madjim suggested, which was to go to Tools, then Show Display and check the box that says, "Undock and Resize Display, Apply, then close Hoster, when I come
back, as long as I have that box checked then I don't get any lyrics on the computer display....if the box is un-checked then I get the lyrics on the computer screen....but what I want to do is to make the display bigger so that I don't get a half chopped screen (for the marquee stuff--I don't need that, anyway)....I use to be able to get an arrow that would allow me to expand the little Display window, which would make it more readable, but now I can't even figure out how to get the arrow back...what am I missing? Maybe Madjim knows?
Any suggestions, anyone???????
Thanks!!!!
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
I can get the lyrics on a second TV....When I do as Madjim suggested, which was to go to Tools, then Show Display and check the box that says, "Undock and Resize Display, Apply, then close Hoster, when I come
back, as long as I have that box checked then I don't get any lyrics on the computer display....if the box is un-checked then I get the lyrics on the computer screen....but what I want to do is to make the display bigger so that I don't get a half chopped screen (for the marquee stuff--I don't need that, anyway)....I use to be able to get an arrow that would allow me to expand the little Display window, which would make it more readable, but now I can't even figure out how to get the arrow back...what am I missing? Maybe Madjim knows?
Thanks!!!!
what version of hoster do you have anyway..and do you have the 3.4 version? if you do try that version , its bundled with the 4.08, it should be on your c: programfile/microtechnology unlimited... then when the dialog bx opens up click on hoster then hoster34application Micro Technology Unlimited and download it and put a shorcut on your desktop

Last edited by billyo; April 23rd, 2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks!!!!
Debbi you should still get the arrow, but depending on your screen resolution it may be hard to see it. Billyo was incorrect in telling you to double click it because that only works for the seconday/singer's screen.
Try dragging the Preview out of the corner by just holding the left button down with the cursor any where inside the window (after completing what Jim told you). Then see if you can get an arrow when it is out in a clear area. If you still can't see the arrow try just setting your cursor at the edge of it and see if it will drag to a larger size.
You should see the MTU graphic that initializes Hoster when you first open Hoster in both preview and the secondary screen. Do you see this?
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:04 AM

Show Display

Thank you for getting back to me...I had to take off to do my gig and now I'm back home...Tomorrow I'll try your suggestions (I'm tired now)...Anyway...On that Vista computer, I have the most recent version of Hooster...It's just my spare computer, but we also use it with a Band thing...but I want to be able to get the Show Display larger. I'll try dragging the corner tomorrow, but I think I already tried all of that and it didn't work! What's strange, is a week ago it allowed me to have an arrow in which I could drag it and make it larger. So I don't know what changed in that week to make the arrow go away! It's probably something real simple!
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:11 AM

Show Display

Oh, by the way...I do see the Hooster preview on the screen when I open it up, but then it goes away!
Old April 24th, 2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Oh, by the way...I do see the Hooster preview on the screen when I open it up, but then it goes away!
Hey Debbi,
If you are seeing the Hoster logo in the preview window and on the show display when you start Hoster then all should be working correctly. Like Dale says it may just be that your screen resolution is too high making everything very small.

With the Undock and Resize Display box checked and Hoster restarted, you will be able to move the preview window by left clicking on it, holding the left mouse button down and rolling the mouse around. Once you put it where you want it you can then put the mouse on the border of the preview window getting the double arrow which will let you make it bigger.

You can do the same thing with the Show Display (the one on your TV) to make it bigger or do what Billy said and double click it. The double click will only work on the show display, not the preview window like Dale said.

It sounds like you are close to having everything set up since you see the Hoster Logo when you start up Hoster. If you are still having problems after trying everybodies suggestions:

1. Be Sure your version of windows is updated

2. Be sure you have the latest driver for your video card

3. Be sure you made all of the suggested changes that MTU recommends for a vista computer.

I hope this helps!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; April 24th, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Honor Roll

I'll add one more thing. Try a different corner. For some unknown reason it is that way on my show machine, but not my test machine.
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM

Show Display

I've done everything suggested! When we put the updated version of Hooster on this (Vista) computer...we did all of the recommendations that
MTU suggested and I was able to get the arrow to make the screen larger...but for some reason, now (a few weeks later), I can't get the arrow back to enlarge the screen!!!!! Anymore suggestions??????
Old April 24th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Have you kept up with the updates? Microsoft is real good about putting several out each week.

I also found that Microsoft's updates have gone back and changed some of my settings too, so you might go over the list again and check to see if any reverted back.
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:35 PM

i have the same problem..it will only work if i put the cursor on corners, it won't do side to side
Old April 24th, 2009, 07:13 PM

i just thought i add this..i was running a mocked-up show last night after i did all that copying from drive to drive and i noticed that one of my laptops has the same problem..not really a big deal, but i noticed i am not able to moved/resized it , but i a able to do it on the right top screen ( singers screen ), i still have the 4.06 version..like i said its not a big deal ,either way i could still read the screen ( with my eye glasses on )
Old April 28th, 2009, 08:10 PM

just wondering if anyone found a solution yet

did a private show sat. and not knowing that i had set-up my back-up laptop till i was asked to do a little bit of karaoke, but anyway, when i played a song my preview display was so small that i had a hard time reading the graphics/lyrics.. i have tried Jim suggestions the following day and that didn't work, i had at one time dbl. clicked on the preview display, trying to see if that will work i ended up losing the display and had to do the registry change,and that didnt work also..so just wondering if anyone has found a solution yet, and yes i did all the updates
Old April 28th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Billyo, double click only works for the Singer's display, not the Preview. It is hard to find a solution when we can't duplicate it.
As long as you undock it in the Show Display settings, restart Hoster, then it should work to move it anywhere on the screen and resize it from the side or corner. One thing that will show that it should work (is undocked) is the Preview will have a wider grey border around it.
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
Billyo, double click only works for the Singer's display, not the Preview. It is hard to find a solution when we can't duplicate it.
As long as you undock it in the Show Display settings, restart Hoster, then it should work to move it anywhere on the screen and resize it from the side or corner. One thing that will show that it should work (is undocked) is the Preview will have a wider grey border around it.

i will try that as soon as i get done importing this cd into itunes...thanks
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:11 PM

fixed

i just did what you suggested and it worked !! thank you !!!