MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 21st, 2011, 11:23 AM

Song Data Base

In the new 4.32 Hoster does this mean I can create a data base in Hoster for searching from "Zip" files?
If not, is MTU considering that data base option? Hoster plays just fine the zip files now but has no way I can search in Hoster my zip files unless I convert them to kma. Thanks

"Index MP3+G, WMA+G, ZIP and Video files to search, play and print in Songbooks using these files without conversion"
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Song Data Base

Yes, Hoster 4.32 creates a new header that remains in the same folder as your zip or mp3+g files so that Hoster can search for them but does not alter the original file so that they can still be used in other programs.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfountai View Post
"Index MP3+G, WMA+G, ZIP and Video files to search, play and print in Songbooks using these files without conversion"
Yes also to the above.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM

Roy
What is a "new header" is that a new file as a link to the particular zip file?
In the manual and in Hoster the options to create are from KMH or KMA for the song data base.
How do I create the song data base from my zip files.
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is a link. You have to use the import hard drive files dialog and select from the Kmh options. When you make a selection i.e Zip a window opens with further instructions. It is much the same as when you import for Disc's, you have to select a field order so that the files list correctly in the database for printing & searching correctly. It is much quicker than importing using the Kma option as it does not move or copy your existing zips, videos or any of the other types, it just adds a small file with the same name as the existing file but it has a .kmh extension.
If it is a MP3+g file you will end up with 3 files, an .Mp3 a .cdg & .Kmh.
with zips or video you will just have 2 files .Zip & .Kmh.
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:25 PM

Roy
Thanks
I fumbled up the task by accident and am in the process to import the zip now. With 240,000 it will take awhile I suppose.
But thank you for your patients with explaining all.
Old January 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

One thing I will advise you on, If you want to alter or delete any after importing, use Hosters edit option rather than deleting them from Windows Explora as this will cause problems with the database and you will only be able to correct it by rebuilding again.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 07:46 AM

Roy
I had attempted to import my zip files in the past and completed my "Legend" series first. I thought I did something wrong when I looked back at the folder and saw all the links as I didn't know at the time what I did.
In my frustration I deleted the links and the "import" files.
Now as I start the process all over again I get a message box saying "The selected DisId is xyzo110 is already is already used by brand 'Legends' Do you want to use the brand legends?"
If I choose no, I get routed back to the start process all over again and have no choice but to choose "YES". I chose "yes"
After I did a few imports I checked the search in Hoster and sure enough they are all marked as Legends even though I was importing All Hits.
How do I remove the "Legends".
Thanks
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

This is why I said do any editing from within Hoster's own edit dialog.
Try this: Go to tools tab /Songs Database, rebuild.
If that doesn't clear them then repeat the process but delete the folder from the list that contained those legend disc's, but this will also lose any other files that were in that folder. so check what is in that folder first.

Other than that you can change the existing brands field in the Tools/Edit dialog. Select multiple tab, type in "Legends" search then highlight all of the ones you want to alter and change brand to "All Hits" click apply changes.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

An amendment to the above, instead of removing the folder from the rebuild list, open the folder in Windows Explorer and delete any unwanted files from there then rebuild the database.
Old July 5th, 2011, 06:49 PM

Re-build Song Data Base

Ok a new problem that I have not figured out how to fix.

I am using a laptop with Windows 7, AMD Turiom X2 Dual Core 32 bit and 4 gig of ram. I have all my files on an external Seagate 1.5 TB hard drive. The Hoster is 4.32. All updates for Microsoft are current.
I finished importing all my zips as KMH and all is on the external hard drive. In the past as I imported some files I would rebuild my data base in Hoster. After a few times of taking up so much time rebuilding I decided to wait until I was completely finished importing, as I am now.
I clicked on the tab “tools”, “data Base”, “rebuild”. In the open box there is the folder that contains the folder that I wanted to use to build. I click on the “Rebuild Data Base” at the bottom. The next box says “If you rebuild the Song Database, your Songbook may need updating. Do you want to continue? “ I click YES
The next box says “The Backup for the Song database was successful.” I click OK
The next box says “Successfully created 0 entry ‘songs.mdb’ database in: C:\MTU\Hoster\
In the past it would start the counting off but not this time.
I re-installed my version thinking that might solve this problem. Still I am puzzled as I don’t understand why Hoster is not rebuilding.
Can some give me a clue what I forgot to do?
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Re-build Song Data Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfountai View Post
Ok a new problem that I have not figured out how to fix.

I am using a laptop with Windows 7, AMD Turiom X2 Dual Core 32 bit and 4 gig of ram. I have all my files on an external Seagate 1.5 TB hard drive. The Hoster is 4.32. All updates for Microsoft are current.
I finished importing all my zips as KMH and all is on the external hard drive. In the past as I imported some files I would rebuild my data base in Hoster. After a few times of taking up so much time rebuilding I decided to wait until I was completely finished importing, as I am now.
I clicked on the tab “tools”, “data Base”, “rebuild”. In the open box there is the folder that contains the folder that I wanted to use to build. I click on the “Rebuild Data Base” at the bottom. The next box says “If you rebuild the Song Database, your Songbook may need updating. Do you want to continue? “ I click YES
The next box says “The Backup for the Song database was successful.” I click OK
The next box says “Successfully created 0 entry ‘songs.mdb’ database in: C:\MTU\Hoster\
In the past it would start the counting off but not this time.
I re-installed my version thinking that might solve this problem. Still I am puzzled as I don’t understand why Hoster is not rebuilding.
Can some give me a clue what I forgot to do?
First thing is when you import files you do not have to rebuild the database because the files are added to the database as you import.
Each individual folder needs to be listed in the rebuild window as that version of Hoster doesn't go into sub-folders.
Did you use Rebuild or Add/Merge (not sure which it is in this version? If you used Add it wouldn't have any to add since they have alreay been added during the import.
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:21 AM
VIP

Re: Re-build Song Data Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
First thing is when you import files you do not have to rebuild the database because the files are added to the database as you import.
Unless he imports on one computer & brings them into another as in my situation. Have to rebuild everytime I add new songs - not stated, just saying.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB