MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old January 2nd, 2022, 10:05 AM

Hard drive going Bad

External hard drive going bad (WD) Have loaded all files on new (Seagate) external. All Fidel’s the same in same order, but when attempting to select song from singers list get notice file not available. How do I correct this issue?? Have show today and old hard drive is unusable?? Help please!!
Old January 2nd, 2022, 10:25 AM

Re: Hard drive going Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotwhy View Post
External hard drive going bad (WD) Have loaded all files on new (Seagate) external. All Fidel’s the same in same order, but when attempting to select song from singers list get notice file not available. How do I correct this issue?? Have show today and old hard drive is unusable?? Help please!!
If I read your note correctly, I think you will have to rebuild the database so Hoster knows where the songs are located now.
Old January 3rd, 2022, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Probably find your computer allocated the new drive with a different drive letter.
What was the drive letter when using your old drive ?

If you open the build database dialog, look at the file paths of your songs in the left hand pane, other than C: what other path is showing ?

You will need to change your new drive to match.
When you open windows explorer under this PC it should show your new drive if it shows different to previous you need to change it to match.

Try this link for instructions to change file path:

http://help.mtu.com/support/solution...er-in-windows-

If your using windows 10 might find it easier by right click on start icon bottom left of windows and select Disk management from there.
Right click on the drive you want to change and select (Change drive letter & paths) the rest is pretty well self explanatory.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; January 3rd, 2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old January 7th, 2022, 03:02 PM

Thanks for the help, I am up and running again! This forum is awesome!

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2022 at 12:22 PM.
Closed Thread