MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 4th, 2008, 11:02 AM

Track Path is Missing

Since installing Hoster 4.0 and now have upgraded all the stages to 4.6 I get an error on some songs Track Path is Missing. Have reimported the disks and have two systems and seems to do on both at times. I can check in shop working fine when get to show the file is missing error comes up. I use an external hard drive running XP and when I use backup hard drive same results. All hard drives are NTFS. Have have deleted the songs.mdb and rebuilt several times, seems to work once in awhile then will show the 'PHN00706-20c" track path is missing. Strange thing I just noticed when writing this is that the file name is PHN00706-307-20, with no "C".
Grateful for any help. Big Daddy
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator

If I am reading the file name correctly then yes Hoster will not work with the "c" after the track number. It is setup for only a 2 digit track number I believe. I know the bookid has only 2 digits for track.
Is the "c" coming from original file name as in an MP3+G, BIN or ZIP file import? Can you explain exactly where this came from?
Old November 4th, 2008, 11:41 AM

Don't know where C comes from, opened songs database in Microsoft access and there are no files named 'PHN00706-20c' and I just tried loading 'PHN00706-21 and tells me 'PHN00706-21r" track path is missing and there is not a file named that. After loading it up about four times can get to play.
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daddy View Post
Don't know where C comes from, opened songs database in Microsoft access and there are no files named 'PHN00706-20c' and I just tried loading 'PHN00706-21 and tells me 'PHN00706-21r" track path is missing and there is not a file named that. After loading it up about four times can get to play.
That is strange. You don't have more than one songs.mdb and songs_backup.mdb files do you, like possibly in C:\Program files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases? This can cause strange errors. If so delete those. The new location is in C:\MTU\Hoster.
You may need to delete those too and rebuild the database just to get it straight.
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:59 PM

Yes there was C:\Program files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Hoster\Databases\songs_backup.mdb Deleted file restarted Hoster same problem. Added track 4 times then finally played on 4th the first three show error. When I go back to the songs with error they still come up saying the same thing but the one right after in list same file plays.
Old November 4th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Close Hoster. Delete C:\MTU\Hoster\songs.mdb and songs_backup.mdb. Then open Hoster and rebuild the database. That should hopefully clear it. Make sure your external drive is connected and that the database Song Source Folder only has that drive/folder listed.
Old November 4th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Did as you instructed but with the same results. Listed the file on list five times one after the other. The first error The 'PHN00706-307-20' track path is missing. The second error reads The 'PHN00706-307-200' track path is missing. The third error reads The 'PHN00706-307-20s' track path is missing. The fourth error reads The 'PHN00706-307-20r' track path is missing. The fifth time it played.
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

Is this the only disk doing this?
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:42 PM

Seems to be mostly disk numbers 300 and over that I have noticed so far. Like I said they work somtimes and then don't. It does this on both computers with using different external drives. First noticed problem after upgrading to 4.0. Just tried using the Hoster34 located in Hoster directory and don't seem to have problem.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:35 AM
Honor Roll

Did you check for ticks

Seriously though, PHN 706 only has 9 tracks on it and 9 with vocals. That would be 18 total. What song are you trying to play? It shouldn't have a track 20 on it. What was the original source for this?
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:40 AM

What I will do is when I have a disc that has duplicate songs I take a few of the songs I don't have and put them with a disk that don't have many songs. PHN only have maybe 9 songs on it so when I make a disk and import them together. The source is all original disks and of different makers. Some PHN,PHM,SC or MM. I like each disk to have about 20 songs on it, keeps disk numbers alot lower. Have been using Hoster since version 2.0 I think 1994 using same method and never had problem until the 4.0 came out and still no problem when using 3.4. Thanks for reply.
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Administrator

I've asked our Sr. Programmer to review what you are posting here. This has never been reported before to my knowledge. We'll see if there is something clearly we can do.

Have you tried uninstalling Hoster and re-installing? It may be there is something slightly not right with it to cause this. However, I suspect there is something wrong with your computer setup, but I want to rule out Hoster before saying it is your computer.
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM

If you would like to reset my code if needed I will uninstall and reinstall hoster. I have been looking for someone else to have same problem since I started having problem but no one has. Thats why I wrote in. Maybe could be computer but two computers doing same thing. Don't know what else to do. The funny thing is that it does not happen with older version of Hoster.
Thanks for help.
Old November 5th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
If you would like to reset my code if needed I will uninstall and reinstall hoster. I have been looking for someone else to have same problem since I started having problem but no one has. Thats why I wrote in. Maybe could be computer but two computers doing same thing. Don't know what else to do. The funny thing is that it does not happen with older version of Hoster.
Thanks for help.
You don't need to have your code reset with version 4. Just be connected to the internet. That will automatically reset your registration.

Quote:
What I will do is when I have a disc that has duplicate songs I take a few of the songs I don't have and put them with a disk that don't have many songs. PHN only have maybe 9 songs on it so when I make a disk and import them together. The source is all original disks and of different makers. Some PHN,PHM,SC or MM. I like each disk to have about 20 songs on it, keeps disk numbers alot lower. Have been using Hoster since version 2.0 I think 1994 using same method and never had problem until the 4.0 came out and still no problem when using 3.4.
How exactly do you put these in when you import them? What Brand and DiskID do you use when you do these combination disks?

Are you trying it in 3.4 after you have run the 5 times in 4 or have you tried going straight to 3.4 and testing?
Also have you run one more than 5 times and if so what were the results after it played on #5?
Are you starting this test imediately upon Hoster opening or do you wait for the MTU logo video to finish?
Do you have any disks in this range (above 300) that are not combined disks? If so have you tried this test with any of them?
Yes, I am clutching at straws. This is a strange problem. I am just trying to come up with tests that will help isolate where exactly the problem is.
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:10 AM

If I am using the complete PHN disk and adding a few songs from other disks to it I pull up PHN change to example PHN00706-320 then add the songs that are not on disk. Have done this since day one don't know why it would cause problems now, but you never know. I have loaded 3.4 and tried different songs for about an hour with no errors. On Hoster 4.6 I may not have to run 5 times I may load once then second time it plays then third time it comes up error and so on. I wait until everything is up I even have done a show for hours with no problems then once I get to a certain song that is not always the same ussually on a disk over number 300 this happens and yes some of them are not combined. I had thought of that too. Thought maybe slight different codes for different companies, but still can't figure why it works on 3.4 with no problems. Thanks for the help I have tried all avenues with no luck I am going to try and reimport the diskd over 300 and if that don't work unistall then reinstall Hoster.
Old November 5th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
If I am using the complete PHN disk and adding a few songs from other disks to it I pull up PHN change to example PHN00706-320 then add the songs that are not on disk.
That was very smart. I wish I had done that. I can see a future of running out of disk ids because I DIDN'T do that.

Quote:
I wait until everything is up I even have done a show for hours with no problems then once I get to a certain song that is not always the same ussually on a disk over number 300 this happens and yes some of them are not combined. I had thought of that too. Thought maybe slight different codes for different companies, but still can't figure why it works on 3.4 with no problems.
That's why I was asking too. What method are you using to import into Hoster. Are you making custom CDs and then importing? Using bin files? MIcrostudio KMAs? MP3+G? That was what I was really getting at. You said some of them are not combined. Are these imported directly from disk or are the from HD files.

You said earlier that it happens on 2 different systems. Do they share anything in common? Possibly the external hard drive? This also is a symptom of a failing hard drive. When you say disks over 300, depending on the drive and how it is set up, that would put them in roughly adjacent sectors. Drive head alaignment could be causing this.
Old November 5th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklwood View Post
You said earlier that it happens on 2 different systems. Do they share anything in common? Possibly the external hard drive? This also is a symptom of a failing hard drive. When you say disks over 300, depending on the drive and how it is set up, that would put them in roughly adjacent sectors. Drive head alaignment could be causing this.
I should have added to run Check Disk (Chkdsk) to make sure the drive is ok.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator

WE FOUND AND FIXED THE BUG!

It turns out when a DiscID is 12 characters long, the code that adds the song to the Playlist could randomly append a "character" to the end of the "track#".

Hoster 4.06a fixes the bug.

Download it from this link, install and run it.

Please post back here if this fixes your problem.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM

I make a custom disk with Microstudio then import to Hoster from disk. ZThat way we have a disk as backup just in case. This is happening on two different Laptops with different external hard drive and they also have backup hard drives which I have tried. It also does on desktop I use for testing with internal hard drive. May have found problem not sure yet, still testing. I went to re import disk from 300 up and noticed that most of them are PHM or PHN and I had them listed like this PHN00706-307 and all the rest before 300 were listed like this PHM0302-249, maybe that extra 0 makes a difference or maybe just a problem when imported. Reimported through 307 then just changed 308 - 314 deleting the 0. So far seems to be working. I will try to copy files to other computer and test. Let you know.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I make a custom disk with Microstudio then import to Hoster from disk. ZThat way we have a disk as backup just in case. This is happening on two different Laptops with different external hard drive and they also have backup hard drives which I have tried. It also does on desktop I use for testing with internal hard drive. May have found problem not sure yet, still testing. I went to re import disk from 300 up and noticed that most of them are PHM or PHN and I had them listed like this PHN00706-307 and all the rest before 300 were listed like this PHM0302-249, maybe that extra 0 makes a difference or maybe just a problem when imported. Reimported through 307 then just changed 308 - 314 deleting the 0. So far seems to be working. I will try to copy files to other computer and test. Let you know.
Did you download 4.06A and test it?