MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 26th, 2006, 03:54 PM

Thumbs down Microstudio V3.0.0.1

When I go to Import a song(s) from a MultiSession Karaoke Cd, I click on "Import Tracks". Then I click on "Read Drive" and I receive a message that says "Cd/Dvd Drive not ready. Insert Disc and try again. Possible Cd/Dvd Drive requires a Firmware upgrade". Am using Plextor PX 760-A I received from MTU Nov. 8, 2006.

MicroStudio V3.0.0.1 WILL read/recognize a regular Audio Cd and will read/recognize a non MultiSession Karaoke Cd, but MicroStudio V3.0.0.1 WILL NOT read/recognize a MultiSession Karaoke Cd as you advertise.

I have tried various Karaoke Cd's that I know is MultiSession and MicroStudio V3.0.0.1
WILL NOT read/recognize any of them. Your initial release of MicroStudio V3.0.0.0 had many problems as you admitted, but at least MicroStudio V3.0.0.0 WOULD read/recognize a MultiSession Karaoke Cd.

GoldenHawk's CdrWin WILL read/recognize the same MultiSession Karaoke Cd's MicroStudio V3.0.0.1 WILL NOT read/recognize. Also, Windows Media Player WILL PLAY the same MultiSession Karaoke Cd's MicroStudio V3.0.0.1 WILL NOT read/recognize. Microstudio V3.0.0.1 is a flawed product.
Old November 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator

I have not had any problem with multisession discs and I use the same Plextor 760 as well as a 716, so maybe you should verify that you have the current firmware since that was the error message you got. Also make sure you have all the Microsoft Windows updates as this can also cause problems.
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
I have not had any problem with multisession discs and I use the same Plextor 760 as well as a 716, so maybe you should verify that you have the current firmware since that was the error message you got. Also make sure you have all the Microsoft Windows updates as this can also cause problems.
Thanks for suggestion(s), but MicroStudio V3.0.0.0 worked just fine on MultiSession Disc. Multisession problem occured only after upgrade to V3.0.0.1. I did not uninstall V3.0.0.0, I simply upgraded to V3.0.0.1. Me thinks I will uninstall Microstudio completely; then just install V3.0.0.1. Hopefully that will solve problem.
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

If that doesn't fix it.....or even if it does make sure you keep up with the Windows updates and the firmware updates for your drives.

There have been several threads in here where the problem has been nothing more than the drive firmware not being up to date or Windows not up to date. These problems show up only when upgrading from one version to the next simply because new changes from Disc Drive manufacturers and Microsoft get incorporated into the new versions of MTU's programs.
Old November 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM

Thumbs up Un-Install - Reinstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddouglass View Post
DDOUGLAS: 11-27-2006, 3:45PM Est. Just finished completely Un-installing Microstudio using Add/Remove in Ctrl Pnl. Had to go to hard drive and manually delete some Directories/Files. I then Re-Installed only Microstudio V3.0.0.1. I now no longer receive the error messages I was receiving with MultiSession Disc(s). Perhaps MicroStudio should advise customers to Uninstall MicroStudio V3.0.0.0 before installing V3.0.0.1. Perhaps my experience will be of help to other users. Thanks a million for your concern.