MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 21st, 2014, 08:30 PM

Redirect to new drive letter

I am running Hoster 4.32 on a MBP via bootcamp and parallels. I tried to rebuild the database via tools>songs database>rebuild>add folder … etc.

Forum comments seem to indicate a way to include subdirectories. I don't see an option to select sub-directories. If I select the parent folder, nothing loads. If I select a folder with content and KMH folder, the songs import.

Is it not possible to select a parent folder?

I don't use this professionally/commercially so the current version is fine if I can get Hoster to recognize the drive. If not, Will upgrading provide that option?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Redirect to new drive letter

I don't have that version available to check back on but I believe that option was introduced in the 5 series.
It is a very noticeable button in the build database dialog clearly marked "Add folders/sub-folders" right next to the add folders button so if you don't see that it wasn't available in 4.32.
So in that version you would have to add each folder seperately to the rebuild list.
I don't understand your last statement and subject title in relation to problem "if I can get Hoster to reconise the drive"
Are you unable to re build the database with more than one database path listed in the rebuild folders list?

There are multiple changes in the latest version, why not try the demo to see if it works for you.
Afraid I'm not a Mac user so limited on advise I can give on that but perhaps other users may have that knowledge and help you.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; July 22nd, 2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 02:40 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I don't have that version available to check back on but I believe that option was introduced in the 5 series.
It is a very noticeable button in the build database dialog clearly marked "Add folders/sub-folders" right next to the add folders button so if you don't see that it wasn't available in 4.32.
So in that version you would have to add each folder seperately to the rebuild list.
I don't understand your last statement and subject title in relation to problem "if I can get Hoster to reconise the drive"
Are you unable to re build the database with more than one database path listed in the rebuild folders list?

There are multiple changes in the latest version, why not try the demo to see if it works for you.
Afraid I'm not a Mac user so limited on advise I can give on that but perhaps other users may have that knowledge and help you.
I still use 4.09D as a backup. I'll take a look later see what I can find there, too.

Old July 30th, 2014, 11:10 PM

I'm running Hoster on an MBP Pro using Bootcamp as well and have been since Hoster 3xx. I'm fairly certain Roy is spot on- the older versions you had to add a folder at a time. I'd upgrade if I was you...
Old July 31st, 2014, 07:46 AM

Thanks all for your support. I am going to try a program that runs native in OSX.

Kjams is not as full featured, but I don't need all that functionality. Also, it uses metadata instead of embedded support files.

If I run into problems, I will upgrade to the latest version of Hoster.

BTW, Hoster worked great under Parallels even with Native Instruments Traktor running in OSX

George
Old July 31st, 2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGeorge View Post
Thanks all for your support. I am going to try a program that runs native in OSX.

Kjams is not as full featured, but I don't need all that functionality. Also, it uses metadata instead of embedded support files.

If I run into problems, I will upgrade to the latest version of Hoster.

BTW, Hoster worked great under Parallels even with Native Instruments Traktor running in OSX

George

I own Kjams as well as Hoster. After having both for many years, I have never been able to move over to Kjams at the exclusion of Hoster. Kjams does not allow you to simply create a playlist and add songs/singers to it- it requires adding singers, making certain they are added to the "here tonight" list, etc. There is supposed to be a work-around but it's not simple or straightforward.
I also experienced difficulty adding all the KMA files and zips into Kjams. It would read a number of them, then stop. I never was able to work out with the developer why it was crashing/seizing up.
Running the Windows version of Kjams in Windows 7 the menus/column headings are pretty much unreadable due to a Bootcamp/Windows 7 issue.

In summary, I've tried both and I keep using Hoster.
Old July 31st, 2014, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I am running native OSX (Mountain Lion). So far no problems importing ZIP. I have not tried KMA's. I use this like a karaoke machine, so playlists, singer lists are not that important to me.

We shall see.. I may be back at Hoster sooner than expected..

George

Tags
drive, drive letter, usb drive