MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 23rd, 2022, 08:09 PM

Had to share

I\'ve been using Hoster since 2000. Bought a new laptop awhile back and loaded Hoster on it and my songs and all is well. Had cleaned my old laptop up for using it as back up. Loaded the same music. I have always had my discID and Book ID the same. \"358-7 = 35807\" After loading my backup laptop none of the disc ID\'s matched the Bookid\'s. I deleted song base file and tried again. Removed Hoster several times making sure all old files were out but to no avail, every time I re-loaded songs the disc id\'s and bookid\'s would be different. Finally corrected it by actually opening the song data base and correcting them and putting the song data base back in. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what was causing the problem. Now the songs were on D:/ drive while the Hoster itself was on C:/. However I had been using this older laptop for several years with this never happening. Also, it would run correctly if using an external drive. Any ideas what would cause this and how to correct in the future?
Old March 24th, 2022, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Had to share

When you say (Finally corrected it by actually opening the song data base and correcting them and putting the song data base back in)
Do you mean you edited it in Access ?

If so did you originally edit your songs in Access ?
If you did this could be where the differences occured.
Changes made in Access do not always transfer into Hosters song headers.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old March 24th, 2022, 09:42 AM

Re: Had to share

Yes, I actually went into the data base to correct. And no Roy, I\'ve NEVER done that before. I\'ve also never had a problem like this either. First time ever that I actually went inside the data base and corrected. It was kind of a last straw effort. All is working fine now. Thanks!