MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 6th, 2016, 05:54 PM

Windows 10 Taskbar Problem

I have Hoster running and have it minimized on my Windows 10 taskbar, there is a blue line under it just like all my other open programs. When I click on it, sometimes it does not open back up to full view, even if you use the alt+tab command you can see Hoster but not get it to open back up. It was stuck like this for the last ten minutes and now all of a sudden it is working.I have had this happen during my last show and have no ideal what is causing this.
Old February 6th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Windows 10 Taskbar Problem

I don't know if this will help when it won't restore but try this and if it helps lets us know.
Right click on a blank spot on the taskbar to bring up an options list, tick the option "Show Task View Button" if it's not already ticked.
The button is a square with smaller squares attached to each side. when pressed normally it shows all open screens next to each other reduced in size. If after shrinking to the taskbar you get the problem you describe press this new button which should open Hoster onto the desktop again in a reduced size but then click in the mddle of it and see if that restores it.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 7th, 2016, 11:05 AM

I tried your suggestion and that did not work. If you hover your mouse over your open programs on the taskbar you get a small preview of each program that is open. If you click on any of them they go back to full screen except Hoster. The only thing that is on the screen is the floating display window. I though maybe the display settings were set up to extened mode but that is not the case.

When I tried your suggestion you get a preview of all your programs that are open just like above. When you click on Hoster is appears to open up for a fraction of a second then it disappears.
Old February 7th, 2016, 12:06 PM

What version of Hoster, as prior to 5.35 this would happen.
Old February 8th, 2016, 01:20 PM

Old February 11th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

I had this happen to myself yesterday. What I found was best way to get it back was.
  • Hover over Hoster on taskbar which brings up a mini Hoster view.
  • Now move the curser up to the mini view then right click to bring up menu.
  • Select Restore and Hoster returns to normal view.
Hope that works for you too
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old February 13th, 2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Dennis View Post
I had this happen to myself yesterday. What I found was best way to get it back was.
  • Hover over Hoster on taskbar which brings up a mini Hoster view.
  • Now move the curser up to the mini view then right click to bring up menu.
  • Select Restore and Hoster returns to normal view.
Hope that works for you too
This seems to work so far. Doing some experimenting Hoster seems to run ok until you open other programs. While these programs are showing on the taskbar you cannot get Hoster to restore unless you do as you suggested. While I am typing this I just restored Hoster per your instructions. As soon as I minimized Internet Explorer to the taskbar then did the same with Hoster, Hoster is stuck on the taskbar again. Maybe MTU support can figure this out. I put in a support ticket but never received a reply. Thanks Roy for the temporary fix.
Old March 10th, 2016, 08:52 PM

5.41.01upgrade DID NOT fix this problem
Old March 11th, 2016, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

I'm still seeing this problem myself.

Do you have the preview screen set to be undocked ? What I've found I have that set to undocked set to normal 50%. but if the main playlist won't come back from it's minimised state, double click on the preview screen which on my 50% settings expands the preview to 50% but also returns the playlist, you can then double click the preview again to return it to its default position and the playlist remains.

I also found if I don't have my extended monitor connected double clicking the singers screen to make it go full screen then double click again to return to normal also returns the playlist to normal.

I know support has been working hard to resolve this issue but so far they have not found the cure, so try the above workarounds until a solution is found.
Old April 1st, 2022, 04:32 PM

Six years later new laptop running windows 10 and I\'m having this problem again. I cannot get Hoster off the taskbar without shutting down Hoster and restarting. This is not going to work during a show. It only does it sometimes. Usually if the singers display is showing on my laptop and I double click it the program will open back up but not always.
No other program has this issue just HOSTER

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Device ID D8F8B7C9-4D5B-429E-BAA6-AC00EB938ADA
Product ID 00342-20795-46672-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎3/‎21/‎2022
OS build 22000.556
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.556.0