MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 8th, 2011, 05:48 AM
VIP

Nvidia Drivers

I have seen several posts regarding problems with Nvidia cards with recommendations to roll back the driver. This would be a little difficult when a new laptop is taken out of the box.

I have found a link to assist with finding an older Nvidia driver, it will take you to their Archived and Beta Drivers search screen.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Before downloading and installing any driver I recommend that a restore point be created in the event the downloaded driver does not work as hoped you can do a system restore and try another driver.

Something I have noticed with Nvidia is that it appears they are publishing one driver file that supports a multitude of their video cards. I am wondering if they are moving to a one driver fits all?

Hope this helps!

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 11th, 2011, 10:54 PM

Re: Nvidia Drivers

Hey, KK..

Thanks for the link on the drivers. I've got the I5 in the XPS about 2 months old. So far no probs out of mine. Think I'm using the onbrd Intel option for my NVidia card similar to yours. Will continue with the onbrd unless it's needed, etc.

Btw... did you ever duet 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' with an ole boy up in Memphis back in the 90's? If you the same KK, son.. we need to swap some old stories a'twixt us, sir! Been out of contact too long, etc.

Dave, retired and back home in Flar-duh
Old September 12th, 2011, 03:22 PM
VIP

Glad to hear that your Nivida is not giving you any problems with your current driver! I am using a driver that Dell lowered the fan temp from Dec 2010. I try to use an updated drive beyond that and funny things happen to the video on Hoster.

Did you go in and manually select the I5's on board graphics in the Nvidia Control Panel?

I purchased my computer based on the advertisement for there to be automatic switching between the card and onboard graphics.... but guess what.... I discoverd that my I7 doesn't have the realestate to for the onboard graphics.... mother board has the chipset however (a waste).

Never sang in Memphis or ever did Dead or Alive. I was introduced to Karaoke in Clarksville, TN 1991, been hooked since!

Test & Show Computer:
Dell Laptop XPS L701X
Operating System - Windows 7 Pro, 64 Bit, SP1
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q740 @ 1.73GHz, 1734Mhz, 4 Core(s) (1st Generation with no onboard Graphics)
Ram - 8.00GB
Hard Drive 1 Operating System: OCZ Vertex 4 (256gb)
Hard Drive 2 Music & Videos: Segate 1tb
Virtural Memory - 15.9GB
Video Card - NVidia GeForce GT 445M,,3GB Ram, Dedicated
Video Driver - NVidia 306.97
K-Lite Codec MEGA Pack installed (v9.4)
MS Office 2010 installed
IE 9, Google Chrome
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:06 PM

Hey,

Can't remember if it was during the initial set up or if I went to the video property area and selected the onbrd afterwards. Did select it, just don't remember how I got there. Made that choice after seeing several posts about no one having Hoster probs with the Intel onbrd, etc. Haven't even tried the NVidia, far as I know. May get arnd to it but don't use much video horsepower except Hoster and the occasional dvd, etc. The 2gb video was part of this XPS package.

The KK I was asking about, we used to duet that song at his shows.. I was only filling in occasionally then and not doing my own. Were it you then you would've recognized the vague reference, etc. Lost touch after he and his wife left and went West somewhere. Thought maybe to get back in touch, etc.

Appreciate the links, Ken. Marked'em and saved'em for future needs.

Luck to ya. And yes, karaoke is a real Good thing. For the novice and to those of us who get serious about it and love to sing in front of a 'live band' that always shows up, plays in tune and on-key, and never no-shows or shows up drunk, etc.

dm

Tags
drivers, nvidia, nvidia drivers