MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 19th, 2001, 10:00 AM

Angry Cannot Be Unpacked-get New Copy

I'm trying to download Microstudio 2.303 and i go through every step, follow the instuctions but i get to "double click to install" and a window pops up that says; the contents of his file cannot be unpacked. The exectable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. please obtain another copy of this file ,verify it's integrity,and try again. well , I try again and the same thing happens over and over. It won' let me dwload again. I've tried this straight from AOL and also from internet explorer---both ways get the same result. Can anybody help me?
MUZIKMARK
Old June 19th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Administrator

First, we know our download works, and our site works. Thus, we can rule out that it is our site or program that is causing you problems.

Second, the error you are receiving indicates the download was not complete. That is why it will not unpack. Not all the file was downloaded.

Since you are using the AOL browser (versus open-market browsers like Internet Explorer, Netscape, Opera) that is limiting how much you can download in a single transfer. This is a "protection mechanism" they give to their clients. I believe there is a setting in one of your control panels that establishes the maximum download allowed. This needs to be increased.
Old June 20th, 2001, 12:58 AM

Unhappy cannot be unpacked

I wrote the first message after I had already recieved the response from the administrator. It will not download from my INTERNET EXPLORER - I get the same message --cannot be unpacked -- so why would that be -as the internet explorer is an open ended browser
Mark
OK--I THINK I HAVE EVERYTHING WORKING NOW --ALMOST
the message is gone.I enter my e-mail address and the serial # and then it blinks on dos (it looks like--??) and quits I've tried it 3 times. Same result. Q; could it be that my actual "primary" e-mail address is MUZIK MARK@--------?
COULD IT BE THE SPACE IN MY PRIMARY ADDRESS?
I get my e-mail with or without the space and also with or without caps. But Maybe that's why? and if so ,what do we need to do?
thanks for all of your help. I think we're almost there
Mark

Last edited by MUZIKMARK; June 20th, 2001 at 03:00 AM.
Old June 20th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Administrator

Read the email instructions you received with your unlock Email and Serial Number. It is carefully worded to give you exact instructions what to do. You are not following those instructions.