MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 26th, 2003, 12:57 PM

Question Plextor CDRom

I've got a plextor px20tsi SCSI CDRom... Just recently installed alongside my Plexwriter 16/10/40.
The Windows 2000 OS installs and MTU 2.4 identifies the drive as an IBM CDRM00203 1.0 but doesn't recognize it as reading karaoke... I've searched for newer drivers but it always reports that the best/most current one is already installed.

Did not the plextor CDRs also read CDG ? This px20tsi isn't that old yet and I'd prefer to use it as a CDG reader while writing to the IDE writer..
Where can I look for updated driver/firmware for this device to enable the MTU software to recognize it? I've never done firmware upgrades and have no clue how to accomplish that
Of course any advice from the pros will be aprreciated... I'm just a novice at present but I'm growing a reasonable collection of CDGs and wish to be able to work them into the hard drive for backups.

thanks, Marvin
Old October 28th, 2003, 05:31 PM

I don't think that this Plextor drive did support Karaoke. The Plextor 12-32 I think was the last CD-Rom drive that would work for Karaoke. The earlier versions, I don't remember if they worked or not.