MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 17th, 2003, 10:16 AM

driver

I just purchased another full version on mtu 2400. I did not elect to get an update because my old version I could never make work right.
I have windows xp on my computer the mtu driver shows QSI CDRW/DVD SBU-241 VKO2 this driver shows no on karaoke. I can't import any files. Please advise solution.
Bob Sorrells
Old June 17th, 2003, 10:48 AM

Bob,
The QSI drive is not supported. There will be a new version of Microstudio that will be out in about a month that will at least support this drive.

We tested a few of these drives from QSI and they don't work correctly for Karaoke. The graphics will break up and distort, just so that you know. The only brand of drives that work are the Plextor brand.
Old June 17th, 2003, 03:05 PM

Lightbulb Broken Letters

bobsorrels,

I suggest you wait for the new Microstudio and the updated driver before changing your burner.

You might be able to solve part of your broken letters if you disable the DMA.
With XP the DMA is enable by default and your drive could be allergic to DMA. (For CDG)

Of course the Plextor drive seems to be the best option but it's worth doing the test.

Regards
Old June 18th, 2003, 11:42 AM

driver

Bryan
I have a gig coming up and I was wanting to have this program running. What are my options. I tried downloading adaptec. I have not been successful with that. I know that I don't understand the structure of what I need because I am not that advanced in computer know how. Any assistance appreciated.
Bob Sorrells
Old June 19th, 2003, 01:02 PM

Bob,
It will be at least a month before we have a version of Microstudio that will even support the drive and even then there is no telling if it will work or not. I would almost say for sure, from seeing the drives that QSI had sent to us, that it won't.

I would recommend you going and purchasing either an MTU CD+G certified drive or a Plextor brand of drive. Don't get the 52x Plextor drive yet, it is not yet supported either. The 48x drive is the one that you would need to get.

This really is the only way since you have this big gig coming up. We don't even have a Beta version of Microstudio yet.
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:14 PM

Well Bryan it is not a big gig, but I do want to be able to use what I have paid for. I will take your advise.
Thanks
Bob Sorrells
Old June 20th, 2003, 02:58 PM

Hope this all helped you.