MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM

Hoster Light Freeze Up On Disc Import

Hoster Lite 4.09d will not reconize my optiarc external writer. It will import singer tracks from their disc, but when i click on import cd tracks, it freezes up. Yes all updates have been done, yes it has been tested, and test good, yes it has been sat as default drive, yes windows reconizes the drive, and has also maked it as "Working Properly". When i use my internal laptop drive as my default drive, hoster works perfectly, although the drive does not actually read cdg lyrics. I'm thinking the external drive is ok, because i can import a singers track off of their disc, and it works fine with Microstudio {on a different computer}????

And pooo i just sold my spare external

Last edited by Musicman51; July 1st, 2009 at 07:43 AM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Is the drive letter (in CD/DVD drives) the same as what is showing in Windows Explorer?
You didn't happen to pick up that bad cable you found with Microstudio and use it did you?
Is this XP or Vista?

Last edited by ddouglass; July 1st, 2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM

No dale, different drive, new cables, same trouble. Yes the letters are the same, i can go into windows, click on the drive, and it even opens the external's cd tray. So windows is reconizing the drive, and marking it as good. It to is an optiarc, mtu certified drive. My external hard drive is working fine, switched it to a different external, it to is rebuilding, and working fine. As i stated i can import cd tracks from a singers disc using this drive. When i click on import CD Tracks, it just sits, no window opens. I switch to my internal worthless cd drive,the window opens, and it will import tracks. Grrrrrrr
Old July 1st, 2009, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

I had several Beta testers check this and no one could duplicate it on Vista or XP. We all are using the full version but that should not be any different as the only difference with the Lite is no Songbook capability.

You didn't answer and I don't remember, are you using Vista or XP in this computer??
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM

I am using Vista Home Premium.... I can use this external cd burner to import singers disc tracks..not a problemo. But the minute i click on "Import CD Tracks" she's all done, i just sit there and wait and wait and wait, and the import window will not open. If i click on any other part of hoster, the search button, the tools button, anything else..the screen goes to white, and a windows box pops up asking me if i would like to wait for the program to respond, or to close the program out. I choose "Close Program".

Would it help if i took all versions of Hoster Lite off my puter, then download it again?
I have been asked to take a friends place tonight and do his karaoke show this evening. I can see right now, i will be back using disc, and those young folks are going to work me to death...
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM

Perhaps i could go and remove everything, then start fresh with Hoster Lite 4.0, then upgrade to 4.09d. Grrrrrrrrrrr
And Hoster Lite has been working just so great... gotta be me, and these updates or upgrades hotdamn margo.

Strange thing is, i went this spring and downloaded 12,000 CDG tracks, and over 400 video karaoke song tracks with this same external mtu drive, on this same show laptop

Last edited by Musicman51; July 1st, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:55 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
I am using Vista Home Premium.... I can use this external cd burner to import singers disc tracks..not a problemo. But the minute i click on "Import CD Tracks" she's all done, i just sit there and wait and wait and wait, and the import window will not open. If i click on any other part of hoster, the search button, the tools button, anything else..the screen goes to white, and a windows box pops up asking me if i would like to wait for the program to respond, or to close the program out. I choose "Close Program".

Would it help if i took all versions of Hoster Lite off my puter, then download it again?
I have been asked to take a friends place tonight and do his karaoke show this evening. I can see right now, i will be back using disc, and those young folks are going to work me to death...
You use the "import cd track" feature during a show? I have only added singers songs from their cdg's, that erase after use, due to legalities of not owning original CDG / MP3-g, and putting them permanently on the computer hardrive.

Seems by your posts, that you could run your show tonight with Hoster Lite, as long as you don't use the "import cd track" feature... or am I missing something? ( No Hay Problema! )

Rick
Rikki Tikki Karaoke
Old July 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post

The import cd track screen typicaly isn't used during a show. This issue shouldn't have any bearings on your show.