Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post
Hi Roy,
thank you so much for your reply.

* The version I'm using is 5.10.
* Thank you for helping me locate my .KMA files

I have another question.

After I Import new files, I go to:

Import Songs/Build Database

This opens the "Build Songs Database" window, that shows the Folder containing my ".KMA files".

Q. What does the "Build Database" actually do?

Again, thank you in advance

Lani.
You basically only ever need to use that if your existing database gets corrupted, or starting from scratch.

It actually stores all the songs data and path for Hoster to quickly find the song. If you list a song in the edit dialog you will see multiple columns of data apart from just title and artist.

The Extra KMH file you see accompanying the other files contains all that data for the individual track. A KMA file contains all that data as well but its hidden inside that one folder.
When you rebuild the database it reads all those files and just compiles them all in a list for Hoster to easily find and list.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.