Thread: ACPI setting
View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskatazdvl View Post
OK, I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista. I downloaded the lastest Hoster and my lyrics are out of sync. I started to follow the troubleshooting guides instructions on how to fix this problem by changing the ACPI PC settings. I got as far as step 11, when I restarted the computer after changing the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. I am then suppose to enter the Advanced Bios by pressing F2. I've gotten that far and am stuck. I can get into the Bios settings by pressing F2 but there is no "Advanced" option and I can not find anything having to do with ACPI so that I can change it to Disabled. I've got karaoke on Saturday and after the lyric issue last Saturday I really need this fixed. Please help. I have looked all over Dell's site and can't find the help I need. This is my next stop. Thank's for the hlep
First the setting is for APIC not ACPI so you may have been looking for the wrong thing.
Second this only applies if your laptop has the Nvidia Chipset. This is not the video card but is part of the motherboard circuitry. Every Dell I have ever had uses an Intel Chipset.
Part of your problem is that laptops use a shared memory borrowed from the main memory instead of having dedicated video memory. This cause a limitation on what the computer can handle.

That all said now for a few questions to help us understand exactly what is going on.
What version did you upgrade from?
Are you using the Background Audio and visualizations with it?
Are you using visualizations with Audio files you are playing through the playlist?
Do you have any other programs running with Hoster?
How much memory does this laptop have?

The reason I am asking about these things is because the new versions (4.10 & 4.11) have a lot more in them. Both require more processor time and memory usage.

There is an adjustment that can be made in the Tools/Options called Playback Offset that you can adjust to help with the sync. It would be better to try to find the cause first though.