View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2014, 08:28 AM

Re: Redirect to new drive letter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGeorge View Post
Thanks all for your support. I am going to try a program that runs native in OSX.

Kjams is not as full featured, but I don't need all that functionality. Also, it uses metadata instead of embedded support files.

If I run into problems, I will upgrade to the latest version of Hoster.

BTW, Hoster worked great under Parallels even with Native Instruments Traktor running in OSX

George

I own Kjams as well as Hoster. After having both for many years, I have never been able to move over to Kjams at the exclusion of Hoster. Kjams does not allow you to simply create a playlist and add songs/singers to it- it requires adding singers, making certain they are added to the "here tonight" list, etc. There is supposed to be a work-around but it's not simple or straightforward.
I also experienced difficulty adding all the KMA files and zips into Kjams. It would read a number of them, then stop. I never was able to work out with the developer why it was crashing/seizing up.
Running the Windows version of Kjams in Windows 7 the menus/column headings are pretty much unreadable due to a Bootcamp/Windows 7 issue.

In summary, I've tried both and I keep using Hoster.