View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Help!!! Computer skipping during songs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magog2k View Post
Hi. Love hoster!!! Just bought a new laptop, and I'm having some issues with it.

dell inspiron
windows 7 64 bit
quad 2.27 GHz
4 gig ram
hoster 4.20

Seems like some nights, it randomly will "pause" during a song for about 2 seconds. When it resumes, the music is behind the words. Very frustrating for my singers. I've turned off windows Aero, disabled my antivirus during the show, changed the color to 16 bit, and yet I can't seem to figure out what it would be. Any help out there?

Also (not sure if it's related), the music DOES always skip when minimizing/restoring any windows to the taskbar.
Also having issues with the "undock and resize" preview screen.

Don't know what to do. I'm at a loss for what the problem is. I'm not sure if it's a compatibility issue with windows 7, or if it's a problem in windows 7 itself. Anybody out there got ANY ideas?
First thing is to go to the following link and do everything suggested in it. These are all the items that will help Hoster run as smoothly as possible.
http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/hoster/windows7-changes.htm

Your biggest problem is that laptops use "Shared" memory for video instead of dedicated memory. This means that the minimum amount is allotted to the video card.

Last edited by ddouglass; April 4th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.