View Single Post
Old September 18th, 2016, 11:04 PM

Re: Importing New Mp3+g Files

[quote=WaltR;129469]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwisinger View Post

Ok, that makes it a little clearer. If I understand you correctly, you imported these files from cdg disks, right?
Yes, originally, years ago.
But when CDG Zip files became available to buy online, I would buy them, unzip them, rename the cdg & mp3 files(just for clarity eg. 001 - 01 - Song Title - Artist), then import them into Hoster as KMA.

Quote:
If so, you imported them using the KMH instead of the KMA
Now when I imported these new KMH files, that was not intentional, I must've pushed the wrong button.
I can't remember doing this, but I must have. I have re-imported all my Discs again (for what reason I don't no haha) but I obviously used the KMH button, giving me all those KMH files in each Disc Folder.
But of course, I still had and still have all the KMA files.

Quote:
If I am right so far, I don't know why you would want to delete them and re-import as KMA? I thought by your earlier post you had duplicated the files ending up with both KMA and KMH (same songs). This would result in double entries into Hoster for each song. You would have had to import them twice, once for KMA and once for KMH.
Yes, I have currently both KMA & KMH files.

So what I would like to do, is delete all the KMH files in every Disc Folder and just continue to use KMA files.
I tried doing what you suggested but it didn't work.
NB: In the "Songs Build Database" window, I don't have a "REMOVE" Folder button. These are the buttons I have:
ADD FOLDER | ADD FOLDER/SUB-FOLDERS | RESCAN FOLDER | EXCLUDE FOLDER.

I'm guessing the "EXCLUDE FOLDER" button is your 'REMOVE BUTTON?"

The only folder in the space below, is my KMA files Folder.
I tried to ADD into the space below, all the "DISC Folders", using the ADD FOLDER button, but that didn't work. So I tried the ADD FOLDER/SUB-FOLDERS button and that worked. But it didn't delete the KMH files from those Disc Folders.

Q.1. So, am I doing something wrong(wich is very likely haha) or is there another way of deleting the KMH files from each Disc Folder?

Q.2. Just out of curiosity, having both KMA & KMH files, which one is Hoster using?

Whew, I hope my ramblings make sense?

Thank you in advance

Laptop Computer:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Ram: 8GB
System type: 64-bit OS, x64-based processor
Video Cards:
1x Intel(R)HD Graphics 4600
1x NVIDIA Geforce GT745M

Audio Card: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
Full Windows Touch Support with 10 Touch Points