View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2002, 04:50 PM

Steve,
Your CD-R drive is a very old Yamaha drive that did work correctly with the CD+G format. The new Yamaha drives after their 8824 model, will not do the Graphics correctly. Please don't say that they will because they won't work correctly for the CD+G format.

The old Yamaha 4260 that you have is a SCSI yamaha drive and it worked great for CD+G, but if you go and try to buy a new Yamaha, see what happens. The graphics will be all broken up very badly and you won't be happy with the results. So please don't recommend to clients that it will work. Because I have had quite a few unhappy clients come to me, saying that they read the Yamaha drives would work and bought one, and now they are mad that it won't work. I would rather you make sure that you always say your Yamaha 4260, I know you have added make sure to check the model on some of your posts, but this does confuse people.

It would just make my life a little easier. Expecially since these clients don't exactly know that you don't even own any of our software products, so that could be questionable also.