Thread: Handy Tips
View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Handy Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltR View Post
Roy, what a great idea and thanks for sharing. Wouldn’t this work with any type monitor? I went to the link for the monitor but couldn’t find a price.
Thanks Roy!
Not if your coming of the same HDMI port. When you do that it treats all monitors as the same extended view.

If you have a separate port like a display port, perhaps mini HDMI or VGA. Separate from the main HDMI it may work but the monitor would have to support the type of connection your using

This monitor allows you to connect to a USB port if you don’t have the preferable USB Type-C port (preferably USB 3 as that is faster than USB2) my computer has the newer Type-C port, It confused me when searching for something.
I chose this one as it is backward compatible with my backup computer that only has USB 3 connection. The beauty is it takes it’s power from the single wired connection, no extra adapter required.
When connecting via standard USB port you have to download a Driver from the Asus site.

The link was just to the main Asus site just so you could see full details. Best to search Amazon or Ebay for that model number.

It was not cheap I paid £219 sterling on Ebay UK but he only had 10 at that price, they are normally around £236 - £300 I am very pleased with it so far.

I have now revised the setup and set it at the side of my main monitor, not sure which setup I like best yet.

Here’s a pic with side By side setup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Side By Side Option.jpg (1.36 MB, 5 views)
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.